Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Feedback Wanted] Character Creation Guide

Hey guys! I'm looking to start up a new campaign and I wanted to streamline the character creation process for the less well informed. I would love your advice on the guide I've created to help my players out! Character Creation Introduction: Hello new recruit! I hear you would like to join the Rat’s Guild eh? Well first my name is Merrin, a humble Ratfolk, the Guild Master. I am generous to those who follow me, and ruthless to those who cross me. *wink* Anyways, I like many of my kind like to collect things and I find people to be particularly interesting. So tell me, why should I add you to my collection? No, no, don’t worry, you will get every opportunity to satisfy your desire for adventure as I send you out on quests for more treasure, I’ll even sponsor the whole expedition. Provide transportation, food, room and board, you’ll live it up as you explore the land. Just think carefully, because the only way something leaves my collection is broken. Step 1: Choose your Race “You are more than what you appear, different from the rest of your race, but here you are welcomed as the rare item you are” All Races from the Advanced Race guide are available, but you must have a convincing backstory before your character is accepted. Keep in mind that you may use racial Archetypes and in this campaign you will start with a bonus racial feet and your racial items are half the listed market price. Core Races Featured Races Uncommon Races One you choose your Race pick your Racial Traits, please follow the substitution guidelines, and your bonus Racial Feat and put them into your Character Sheet under the Abilities tab with Racial Traits and Feats. Then please choose two character traits from the Advanced Players Guide here and put them into the Traits tab under Abilities as well. Step 2: Choose your Class: “Do you shoot spells, summon demons, or just slice heads off? No matter, I take all kinds as long as they’re interesting” Classes are limited to the Core Rulebook , Advanced Players Guide , and Pathfinder Unchained (the revised class versions in Unchained must be used). You may choose only one Archetype for your class, but you also have the choice of choosing a Secondary Class for Variant Multicasting . Please note that we will be using the Consolidated Skills Variant when considering class skills. Step 3: Ability Scores “Are you intelligent, strong, nimble? It takes many things to get the treasure I seek, so tell me, do you have what it takes?” Refer you your Racial Traits and put your ability modifiers in the Misc column of the Anility Scores tab of the Character Sheet. We will be starting with 20 points on the Point Purchase System (High Fantasy). Instead of gaining an ability point every 4 levels you receive +1 point for the purchase system per level. For example, if you are starting at level 5, you may spend 25 points (20+5). You may have up to 3 unspent points at your current level, but at least one point must be spent the next time you gain a level. You may only spend available point when leveling up. Step 4: Skills “Everyone has a talent; can you talk your way out of trouble or find your way through a forest? How will you be of use?” Please refer to the Consolidated Class Skills list for the appropriate Class Skills and Skills per Level, for Class skills check the CS box in the Skills Tab of the Character Sheet. The Skill calculator on the Character Sheet will be incorrect, so do not rely on it to keep track for you. You will also get a free “Signature Skill” where you will get Skill Unlock effects for high Skill Ranks in the related Consolidated Skill. For example, if your Signature Skill is Sense Motive then your Ranks in Perception will determine when you get Unlocked features. Step 5: Feats “I have a few tricks up my sleeve that just might surprise you, but I’d like you to surprise me. Hehehe…” You may choose Feats from the Core Rulebook , Advanced Players Guide , and your Racial Feats. As previously mentioned you get one free Racial feat, and you get feats based on level according to the Core Rulebook Advancement Rules unless you are using the Multiclass Variant then you follow those rules. Please list each feat under the Feats in the Abilities tab of the Character Sheet. Step 6: Equipment & Spells “With me as your sponsor, you will want for nothing, so don’t sweat the small stuff. If I send you off somewhere specific I might even dust off a few magic items that would be helpful. So tell me, what do you bring to the table?” *raises brow* Classes with Spells may choose from the Core Rulebook , Advanced Players Guide, and your Racial Spells from the Advanced Race Guide. We will be using the Spell Alterations Limited Magic and Active Spellcasting along with a modified Esoteric Components system from Pathfinder Unchained. Please add each spell to the Spells list of your Character Sheet. As for equipment you have GP equal to your level according to the Character Wealth by Level chart here . Please spend it on an assortment of personal mundane and magic items from the Ultimate Equipment list for Arms and Armor , Gear , Magic Arms and Armor , Rings, Rods, and Staves , Wondrous Items , and Artifacts and Other Items . There is no need to buy simple things for adventuring as much will be provided, but feel free to purchase things for express personal use. Please list each item and its value in the Equipment tab of the Character Sheet. Step 7: Details “So who exactly are ya?” *looks you over with an expert eye* Go back through your character sheet, equip your armor, weapons and other items and apply the proper modifiers. Decide what you look like, how old ya are, what languages you speak, the type of attitude you have. Use all the previous steps to come up with an amazing backstory for your “would be” adventurer.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext /r/ADND /r/Pathfinder_RPG /r/savageworlds /r/shadowrun /r/swrpg /r/40krpg /r/warhammerfantasyrpg /r/WhiteWolfRPG /r/LFG /r/gamemasters