Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Testing character sheet updates as a developer

Hi, I've just started running a Tephra campaign with my group and although I'm very pleased that there is an existing character sheet for it, and appreciate the work that has been put in before, there are some things I would like to change.  I'm a programmer and web developer so this kind of thing doesn't scare me, but I wondered how I can go about testing any updates I do with my group?  I apologise if there is a page about this that i have missed somewhere, but if there is, I would appreciate being pointed to it :)
1488757049
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Pro level accounts can use custom sheets.  There's a built-in 4-tabbed console (html, css, translation, and preview).  Without having a Pro account however, it's very difficult to create a new sheet or modify an existing one. It's possible to somewhat emulate roll20's editor with a program like DW and loading the editor's css and the sheet's css.  I've done it and quickly realized the limitations of this method.  I now use notepad++ and do a copy/paste/save/refresh shuffle between the roll20 console and notepad++, skip the preview tab(it's very buggy) and use another browser tab to preview a sheet in the editor.
Thanks for the response. I figured I may have to have a pro account, and I've been considering one, but I kind of hoped that there was a way of doing it without that just to see how I get on. Oh well.
1488842773
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Tom M. said: Thanks for the response. I figured I may have to have a pro account, and I've been considering one, but I kind of hoped that there was a way of doing it without that just to see how I get on. Oh well. Try Pro for a while... be warned, you might get hooked.  ;-)  Cheers
1488844139
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Tom M. said: Thanks for the response. I figured I may have to have a pro account, and I've been considering one, but I kind of hoped that there was a way of doing it without that just to see how I get on. Oh well. Try Pro for a while... be warned, you might get hooked.  ;-)  Cheers Preach it Vince! :)
Lol. I signed up for Pro yesterday. My Tephra character sheets are now nicely free of hard to read bold numbers :)
Tom M. said: Lol. I signed up for Pro yesterday. My Tephra character sheets are now nicely free of hard to read bold numbers :) I thought I fixed that...I guess I did not.
1488989387

Edited 1488989416
I wasn't sure if the sheet was still being maintained. I don't really want to tread on anybodies toes, but I've been working through what I would consider a few improvement. I would be happy to talk these through with you :)
1488994438
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
CPP does like a million sheets. I'm sure maintaining one less is appreciated. =P
Considering my grades in Biology...yeah, good ahead and step on my toes. And thanks for the props Brian.