Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Pathfinder Sheet destroys macros?

I noticed that with the update all the character sheets that I had set up the way I want all reset to default with the update.  So all my macros on the abilities and attributes section are defaulted.  Will this happen everytime you release an update?  Is there anyway to stop it?  (I have my attack macros set so that they check the AC of the target to determine a hit)  Plus a few other macros.
I have similar complaints. The new sheet looks nice for new characters, but is a nightmare for anything imported that wasn't perfectly standard. Would it really have been so hard to give GMs a "lock current sheet version and never update" option on a per-campaign basis?

Edited 1489124378
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
it ensured attacks and skills were up to date for older pages, but should have kept any customizations. it merely checked whats on the right side of each {{something= something else}} and if 'something else' was equal to an older version of the sheet made sure to update it. but if 'something else' was something totally different, it assumed the user customized it and so did not change it. if you have a backup copy from before i would like to see it, maybe we can create a workaround or figure out what went wrong before next week's updates go out, since the minimum fix we could do that doesn't take a risk is just set the attacks and skills to 'already updated', just like spells and abilities.  then you could re-migrate the copy of the campaign
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Would it really have been so hard to give GMs a "lock current sheet version and never update" option on a per-campaign basis? yes it is impossible actually, due to how the tech works However, GMs with pro accounts can do this though by changing the sheet to "custom". then it will not change. it's also why we put a big note on the top telling GM to backup their games before this week, and kept warning users of big changes for the past few months, with a link to the beta site so they could test their characters out
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think I figured out what is happening, please check this out and see if it's what happened to you: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4751728/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4751728/</a>
I appreciate the info. &nbsp;I did create a backup the day before so maybe that will be my way forward.
Is there a link to the previous version of the sheet, so those of us who didn't notice/realise the severity of the changes can put it back in place? I have a pro account, so presumably if I have the right version of the files, I can set to custom and just upload them?

Edited 1489335392
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Samuel Penn said: Is there a link to the previous version of the sheet, so those of us who didn't notice/realise the severity of the changes can put it back in place? I have a pro account, so presumably if I have the right version of the files, I can set to custom and just upload them? Pro users can always pull code (html, css, translation) from the roll20 github repo. &nbsp;Here's links to the last v74 code. html: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/68b3c43171f1a1137312f54048e6a262576e55b7/Pathfinder-Neceros/pathfinder-neceros.html" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/68b3c43171f1a1137312f54048e6a262576e55b7/Pathfinder-Neceros/pathfinder-neceros.html</a> css: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/d7adfae6f0f421b5e5760667648ae5703ca04422/Pathfinder-Neceros/pathfinder-neceros.css" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/d7adfae6f0f421b5e5760667648ae5703ca04422/Pathfinder-Neceros/pathfinder-neceros.css</a> translation: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/d7adfae6f0f421b5e5760667648ae5703ca04422/Pathfinder-Neceros/translation.json" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/d7adfae6f0f421b5e5760667648ae5703ca04422/Pathfinder-Neceros/translation.json</a>
Thanks.

Edited 1489386982
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
in the v1.18, i am turning off the auto-migrate of attack and skill macros. so, if you take a copy of v.74, you could upgrate to v1.18 directly (not the v1.17 version) and the attack and skill macros will be left alone. also put in a workaround to fix the additional npc-hp in PCs.&nbsp; im testing it now. wanted to get it in by tomorrow so it's a very small update. mostly just instructions and stuff.

Edited 1489426810
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i submitted 1.18 today which will not update macros automatically , you can try it from a backup of v.74 you should see it wednesday i should have just made it that way, i went back and forth cause i saw so many broken ones that the code was not updating correctly from the past.
In the end, I've decided to go through my journal, and fix everything (which is taking a while). The main auto migration that is actually causing me a headache is the racial hit dice. I've got plenty of creatures and characters that have suddenly doubled in hit dice. All my creatures have been created with racial hit dice added as class levels. So a Roc is created as a 16th level Animal. After migration, it is listed as a 32 HD creature - Animal 16, plus something unspecified 16. A Troll Witch (Giant 6, Witch 10) is now listed as level 22. I'm removing the new racial hit dice for now, because there's not a clean way of removing class levels for characters with multiple classes. Which brings me onto a related point - the racial hit dice are coming from the 'Race' field, but shouldn't it be coming from 'Type'? The only creatures I've given a race to (and this may be just me, but it seemed the sensible way of doing it) were humanoids, e.g. Human/Varisian, or Human/Shoanti. Their type was set to "Humanoid (Human)". Animals have a type of "Animal", but no race. The racial hit dice should be Animal, Outsider, Monstrous Humanoid etc, which is defined in the Type field, since it's the type that defines BAB, Hit Die, Skills and Saves. Defaulting hit points to be auto generated also causes problems, because some NPCs who I had actually rolled hit points for have been forced back to having average hitpoints. I'll need to go back to my backup to find original values. However, one up side is that the Hit Die field is quite useful, and it's allowed me to write a simple script that randomly rolls hitpoints for individual mook tokens (so, a band of goblins can all have different hitpoints). So thanks for that.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hmm .. it should &nbsp;not have forced auto hit points, i thought it was only doing that if it was a new sheet, but did not touch anything if the sheet already had data in it. sorry about that, that is a bug.&nbsp; the fix i put in for the extra hit points only deleted them if 'is_npc' is false, &nbsp;(and there were no racial hit dice). so that would not help you in your situation . I see. when I parse the dragons from the compendium i put only the dragon hit dice, and their sorcerer levels I just hardcode into spellclass-0-level, (choosing the 'custom' or blank in the dropdown) so the sorcerer levels are not tied to dragon hit dice, that was the only way without, as you point out, doubling the levels yeah i went back and forth on race vs type. i wasn't sure which, when I parse the compendium i put type Animal, but then it would be "bear" or whatever for race,.. but then i thought .. a PC adding extra monster hit dice would think of it &nbsp;as 'minotaur' not 'monstrous humanoid' hit dice, though the second would be correct i suppose. &nbsp;
Bear's are easy, since they're obviously animals. A Leng Spider? Is that an Outsider, a Magical Beast, an Aberration, or even a Vermin? It's the latter that defines the hit dice related statistics in that part of the sheet, not the fact that it's a Leng Spider, so to me it makes more sense to have the mechanically important value there, so as a GM I know what to go and look up if I'm advancing it (and 99% of all creatures in my campaign have been created by me as GM, not by any of the players).
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok that makes sense ill put that in as a bug
chris b. said: ok that makes sense ill put that in as a bug Cool, thanks!
chris b. said: Would it really have been so hard to give GMs a "lock current sheet version and never update" option on a per-campaign basis? yes it is impossible actually, due to how the tech works That is good to know, thank you! &nbsp;I appricate all the hard work you've put into making the sheet more dynamic than ever!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI i think today in 1.19 the type will show up by monster hit dice instead of race. I forgot to put that in the release notes
It does. I noticed that last night, thanks.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looking at it, i think it might look better if I removed the subtype. Especially when I parse demons it is very long.