Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for windows map elements

Hi, it's strange, but among the huge quantity of marketplace excellent contents, I haven't found yet some glass windows that could meet my taste. In an exploration game windows are crucial elements! They are illumination sources and entrances at the same time and, of course, they add an ulterior level of realism to dungeons, buildings etc. I like to add details to my maps, so I'd appreciate if you guys could report some marketplace content about my request.  Thanks a lot!
Eric D. Leon
Marketplace Creator
So, I don't have a  direction to point you in for this. HOWEVER, I'm curious if you could clarify exactly what it is you're looking for and what the context is. e.g. are you looking for a face on view of windows? top down? isometric? are you looking for pretty stained glass windows that ad to the mistique and lore, or as an element of the physical space of the dungeon/space whatever? I think the last one is what you are going for, e,g, you're looking for windows in a wide array of styles and sizes as with any other map tile peice, such as flooring and walls?
Badger
Pro
Marketplace Creator
What Eric said! Additionally, are you taking modern? Scifi? Fantasy? (If modern, I have some skylights and windows that may meet your need/) Would you find sort of "pools of light" or "squares/pyramids of light" indicating an off screen window to be useful?
Oh sorry, you right, my request is vague... sometimes I assume the others know what's the context of my games and so I forgot to explain it. I'm setting a fantasy campaign, so I need fantasy props. I like a top down style and I tend to use tiles and assets like those created by Greg Taylor (Dungeon Blanks series and props), Gabriel Pickard (Quick Encounters series) and similar. When I place an element on a map I like to have a decent range which lets me choose the best asset to use according to map style. When I can't find what I need neither in the marketplace nor on the internets I try to make it by myself. I'm quite meticoulous and I like to make good looking dungeons. Marketplace assets always contain tiles, ready to use maps and map elements (usually doors, chests, crates, bags, blood stains) but I've never seen a single window. I've just found online a couple of stained windows with the relative light projection on the floor and some stand alone "pools of light". What I need are generic pieces (and some variations) that could be applied to an existing section of wall to indicate the physical presence of a window, possibly along with effects to simulate sunlights or moon rays passing through the glass. Some elements are a little abused inside assets (I'm not criticizing marketplace artists, whose artistic skills are great), I'm just saying that sometimes I found myself to buy a set for a bunch of elements which I hadn't found inside other marketplace contents. I can do another example with levers and switches for open doors, trapdoors and activate mechanisms in general. I haven't found them anywhere apart from a couple of steampunk style sets. It would be a nice thing to let users buy single pieces from sets (maybe setting a minimum cost for example) without having to spend an average of 4.99 $ to take a whole set just for a couple of needed things. 
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Gianmarco! I'm actually working on your previous request as we speak! As for Windows and Levers, I have Endless Dungeons Volume 2 that has a few levers in it as well as a plethora of other random items. The levers I made were a variation of floor levers at different angles (for the shadows and the color of the knobs) and wall levers with the same variations.  As for Windows, in about a month or two I plan on releasing a very large set that will be a town builder, and I have windows on que for that set (both WITH Walls and without them for layovers on other Walls that fit a 70px brush and will likely make an attempt at floor lighting for them as well) all though that won't help right now, but it's something to look forward to down the line from me.  as for purchasing individual assets, the minimum price we are allowed to set is 4.99 through Roll20, so we couldn't price things individually through the site. 
Hi Munky, I gave a look to Endless dungeon vol 2 and I have to said that previously the cover mislead me because I tought it was a modern set. It's amazing. It has many things that I'm having a really hard time to find! Superb. That would be mine for sure. I'm glad to hear you are working on the stuff we discussed previously and I can't wait to see it! Same for the town builder with my beloved windows =). Wish you good work!