Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

LF DM for 4 person campain- 3.5e, specifics are below. Really interesting RP setup.

I am looking for a DM who can host a group of 4 for a pretty awesome campaign we have planned. We had a DM who is a great guy and a Discord group already set up, but he is a bit busy these days and no hard feelings.Anyway, here are the details: * 4 players, one quite experienced, two moderate experienced, one fresh. * Looking for a DM that is a bit patient and flexible. We have really intricate backgrounds developed for our players, and would love a game that is RP focused. * With regards to handbooks, homebrews, etc., it is up to you. Just let us know beforehand what to expect and what we can/cannot reference.  * We are really receptive to feedback and help outside of game (obviously not in game) and would love a DM who is involved and able to help us with our character builds, especially for the new guy. I can explain below what I mean. * I would prefer a campaign starting at lv. 1 tbh, because lv. 1 adventures are hilarious, although all our players are late bloomers with skills ------------ The team: * Me (living in Iceland GMt +0): Forest Gnome, Bard. My backstory is that I was living in a place where my Gnome community was at constant war with a Drow species, and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to be a merchant and make something of myself. I got out well enough, but after a few years in started pedaling sinister weaponry and decided to screw that. I took to bardic music as a means of escaping all the world, where I use light shows/spells to beatbox/rap (I can't sing, and want my bard to be a hipster) and try to get people to remember beauty and nostalgia in life through performances. I have never played a bard before and am honestly a bit nervous because I have no freaking clue how to min/max them. Really would rather be a support monkey and play it through to weaknesses. Chaotic Neutral as well. I am planning to be heavy charisma focused w/ diplomacy and all I know for sure is that I will definitely get to lv. 6 before I multi or prestige. Definitely plan on grabbing leadership feat at lv. 6. Not sure how else to multi/prestige and would love guidance.  *Jake (living in China, Beijing time): First off, don't worry. He has a wild sleep schedule, so no problem there. Jake is going to be my Forest Gnome's... not friend, but like... not enemy either. Like, they have a deal where they mutually benefit each other and are pretty open to the fact that they can help each other out. Frank (the character) is... AN URBAN DRUID. There is a setup for that in one of the extended PHB's, but if not he can tweak his druid setup. Thing is, this is going to be great. Essentially, he is a human that- as I made mention- is my friend (ish). He is an old man with one eye that has cloudy vision and is more or less homeless (actually... just homeless). He took the druidic order because following the death of his son, he only gets comfort in animals, and doesn't shun it (although he is hesitant to embrace it). Prefers summoning swarms, and will wild shape into mangy mutts, etc. Animal companions also trashy street associated. Whereas my character is  har-har kinda embracing life guy, Frank is not edgy in any way but just wants to be left alone, although he doesn't mind performing capers with me to swindle people or get a nickle here and there. Non-evil, but idk what we settled on; I think chaotic neutral as well.  Nobody expects the druid.  * Brad (living in Midwest): First time playing... ever. Really encouraged him to get into the game and he is a good friend (all the teammates are, lol), so I would love to see him have a good time with the game. He really went through a lot to find the class and race that would fit him well (bless his heart, he asked if he could play as a gargoyle race) and finally decided that he will be a Dwarven Fighter. Sweet. Real talk: fighters are a mixed bag for 3.5... this i know. I have never seen a poor build for a fighter an I think they are fun because they are open to so much. But, for a beginner I want him to have a character that he loves (personally I am of the philosophy of play what you love and we can make it work). I know he prefers glass cannons, although i don't know if his build will be one, tbh. Homeboy needs sustain, ya know? So, a DM that could help him badassify his character would be super cool. He wants to play as the uncharismatic straight man that tries to maintain order, but is a bit sheepish, neutral good. So, his character will kinda be like the "What have I gotten myself into?!" kinda guy. It will be a good mix in the group. * Finally Kris. Kris is my bromethius (also from Midwest): He is seasoned, a little more than me, but IDK how familiar with 3.5. Kris was originally going to run a drunk Cleric for that coverage and healing, but is a bit on testing the waters of what is and isn't allowed for unique min-maxing. Kinda see what the DM allows and we can play to that. So, if you want to talk to him and see how he wants to build that is awesome. Not sure the alignment and what not, but he is also a great RP guy like the rest of us. Thus, whereas we have a tank, a multitool, and a druid, Kris will be that additional support. He will definitely be contributing to the capers as well. I think he has a few racial suggestions, if you have them available.  And, that's our team we want to play. Any additional questions are well welcomed and I hope we can find a DM soon. We are pretty open on time, and understand our and everybody else's schedules are crazy. Just let me know. That is about it. Thanks in advance! 
Hi Thaddeus!    I would like to throw my hat into the ring to be your DM. Rather than type out all the details, We can voice chat it. My Skype handle is sly.little.rogue and I have my own teamspeak server, which the information for can be given to you upon request. Looking forward to talking with you and finding out if I am a good fit.