Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder NPC sheet GM rolls

Edited 1489620761
Hello. I was wondering if someone could help me understand something. I have a few characters who are designated as NPC in the Pathfinder Character Sheet. To help make faster rolls with them, I have set up both attribute macros as well as generic all-across-the-board macros from the macro manager. I understand the distinction between NPC and "PC" attribute macros. However, because the characters are designated as NPCs, I apparently need to use the "attacks-macro-npc" attribute. This is by default a whisper to GM roll. No problem, I change it to be public (as I want my players to see the attack / damage rolls done to them). However, what I have the problem with is this:  "%{selected|NPC-defenses}". I'd like this to be GM only whisper, so that I can check their defenses, AC and whatnot at a glance. The problem is that they both use the "NPC-prefix". Meaning if I want the attacks to be public, then by extension, the defenses rolls are also public. How can I go about getting my NPC attacks to be public, but NPC-defenses to be GM only? " %{selected|NPC-defenses}" is a macro that is made in the Macro Manager and designated as token action, where as the attacks are case-by-case attribute-macros made for each token/character. Adding /w gm %{selected|NPC-defenses} didn't help. Also I should probably mention that I cannot find "PC" equilevant of NPC-defenses for my NPC designated characters to use in the attribute-macro section? I hope I was able to explain my problem in detail. Thanks for help!  

Edited 1489620839
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
on the setting page near the bottom of the first section where you change the rolls, to the right you can choose to show "both" the PC and NPC version of the buttons. Click that and both sets will be on top. then you can set them differently, and choose one or the other at any time.

Edited 1489627010
I actually did try that option. However, clicking the "PC" buttons for attacks, for example, produced empty field whereas the NPC button gives all the actual attacks. What gives?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
well that is not working how it is supposed to. let me check it out .. i think i had that bug before but thought it was fixed. i'll try to get it fixed for the monday deadline, then you'll be able to do both at once as described.

Edited 1489635723
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oh in the meantime you can call the defense macro text directly like this /w gm @{selected|defense-stats-macro-text} just make that an ability / token macro , since that does not contain the whisper prefixes. we should probably add those to the hover too, or a reference somewhere, for people do to the same thing
Thanks! That's actually good to know I can call up the defenses text like that. If the PC / NPC buttons both listed the attacks as intended, would it work by using the attributes abilities macro for the "PC" attacks as well? As in, instead of copying the Attacks-macro-npc, I would use attacks-macro to have them be public, whereas then I could keep the NPC rolls GM only? Thanks for your help! Really appreciated!!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes, once we fix them it will work like that
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The 2 versions (especially attacks) should be fixed once 1.19 comes out today or tomorrow I also (in a later version, not today's) added a 'STATS-whisper' that will allow a 3rd separate setting for the defense stats, and future stats buttons that we may add, for this very reason.

Edited 1490239397
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: The 2 versions (especially attacks) should be fixed once 1.19 comes out today or tomorrow I also (in a later version, not today's) added a 'STATS-whisper' that will allow a 3rd separate setting for the defense stats, and future stats buttons that we may add, for this very reason. oops. I thought we included the W/P menu option with v1.19  ;-) I think I might have mentioned it on the wiki (must redact...)
Thank you!