Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[A-BF] Official Character Sheet Thread

Edited 1493878275
Loki
Sheet Author
This Thread is meant as a central place to leave any feedback or requests for the Anima: Beyond Fantasy character sheet. Thanks to aRotondi for providing the original character sheet. As his last update was three years ago, I'am picking it up and will continue to work on it. With the latest update these changes are awaiting you: v1.1.0 Brighter Layout with a bit more white spacing. Skills are now all visible at once, elminating lots of klicks when players forget where the skill was. Templates Changed to fit new style + Ki Template is now also styled decently. Small Inventory System in Armory, allowing keeping track of valuables and items. (total weight tracking will come later, GV allows setting how much gold a valuable is worth) Makeshift Metamagic fields for summed up description and costs. Options tab to set whisper behaivour, Open Roll Ranges and Fumble Range. Basic Open Roll and Fumble Roll button in Options tab. Checkboxes for Mastery for skills and abilities - reducing fumble range for that roll by 1 Checkboxes for Complex special for weapons - increasing fumble range for rolls with that weapon by 1 Hotfix 1: Fixed dexterity final overwriting agility final v1.0.0 Improved compability to browsers like Firefox (finaly showing tabs) Many parts of the sheet can be expanded to edit values - hover the mouse over it and look for a ⚙ Temporary values for most attributes for easy tracking of short term modifiers "All action mod" representing a combined field for all action penalties and boni - applaying to any final value as indicated by rules. Opposed fields and rolls for characteristics Initiative rolls will be posted to the turn tracker Color codes for physical (green) and mental (blue) characteristics Secondary abilities now respect core exxet changes for naturals abilities (N. A. field for +10s) and naturals (# Nat. for bonus multiplier as before) 4th disadvantage slot as by Gaia: Beyond the Dreams expansion Magic Abilitiy to calculate max Zeon and requirements of spells Vastly expanded repeating fields for spells, psi powers and ki techniques Fixed Ki tree, now respecting requirements as by rules text and properly expanding Added repeating section for free layers of armor Merged ranged weapons and melee weapons into one repeating section. Now has Inputs and options to reflect any attacks, even martial arts. This also uses the editing option to allow a much more compact display. Any roll comes with a template, many of them with followup rolls as chat buttons Hooks for translations are also present, thought currently only english is available. To do list: Overhaul spell ability to show as requirement for spells. Fields for Regeneration Sheet workers to calculate more fields and replacing current autocalulation fields. Meta Magic Tree Options for things like expansions(including core exxet changes), optional rules and API hooks Anima companion API

Edited 1492056589
I absolutely love the new tables and the fact some of them are hyperlinked from what I've seen. Is there a syntax for them so I can use them as macros? Blue colored tables would be nice, too, or any other colors. Also, I have a few suggestions/questions. Could you perhaps use "Req Int" instead of "Req" in the new magic tables? I tried to write "5 Int" in the boxes, but that doesn't appear when you roll the table. A quick table example: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/CqmzMb0.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/CqmzMb0.png</a> Do you plan on adding automatic open rolls/fumbles, or would that be too complicated? Highlighted fumbles and open rolls would be a nice indicator if anything. I'm currently using a macro that does open rolls for you whenever you roll initiative, and it highlights 1, 2 and 3 as fumbles and the 90+ rolls for open rolls. Finally, I think the Ki table could be formatted better. I can see the bottom maintenance table confusing people if they aren't paying attention: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/Cw7mDbf.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/Cw7mDbf.png</a> I'll test out secondary abilities natural bonuses whenever I get a chance. Really digging the new sheet. Good job.

Edited 1490617740
Loki
Sheet Author
You can use this template for macros: &{template:ABFdefault} {{title=title of the roll}} {{name=name on the left of the roll}}&nbsp; {{roll=[[roll to display]]}} {{diff=VS difficulty}}&nbsp;{{cost=text below roll intended for costs}}&nbsp;{{desc=Description of the roll}} If you want to use something like the spell template, use a ability with that template and then press the up arrow in the chat box, that will show you the template code. Currently I'm working on a nicer looking sheet and templates with more withespacing and less black/red bars. The current ones are a basic version to show and structure more information. I used "Req." in the spell template to keep it generic as it isn't necessarily intelligence that is required. I'll see if I can change it to display the value and slang of the spell abillity. Yes i'm planing to add fields to define openroll and fumble levels and color code rolls depending on that, as well as an API-option to switch to fully functional open rolls. (Anima style open rolls are sadly only possible with the api) The Ki-table is something I somehow forgot to finish... will do that in the next update. Thanks for the feedback!
Loki
Sheet Author
Update: Decided to give a small update on the progress to get some more feedback. New look (unfinished and not out of roll20): Note the cyan border arround AGI, this is a hover effect added to all buttons and inputs that are enabled. (The "y" is the options cog in roll20) Secondary abilities are rolled by pressing the button consting of the name and total value. I'd like to do the temapltes in a similar design. Old look for reference (out of roll20, testing a German translation): As for open rolls: I'm adding a options tab where one can set fumble and open roll ranges as well as check if doubles are also open rolls. The rolls will be changed to [[1d100@{doubles}cs&gt;@{open}cf&lt;@{fumble}]] where @{doubles} is either "" or "cs11cs22cs33cs44cs55cs66cs77cs88cs99" and @{open} and @{fumble} defaulting to 90 and 3 respectively. Weapons wil get a checkbox for the complex rule and once sheet-workers are fully in I can add a modifier for mastery too. Adding a reroll button to templates is also possible using [[1d100@{doubles}cs&gt;[[@{open}+{#reroll}]]cf&lt;@{fumble}+?{result?|0}]] which would roll another 1d100 and adds whatever is put as result. Thought, handling limits and fumble levels must still be done manually (can be done by the API later on).
That new sheet looks nice. How about a currency column next to class, or somewhere else? Also, what do you think of a familiar/sheele tab and maybe metamagic?

Edited 1490971308
Loki
Sheet Author
Currency is a good idea. Thought I'd rather putt hat into Armoury as a repeating field. In most campaings I run, players tend to change for valuables like gems to stop carying thousands of coins. Might as well add there some place to do a normal inventory too. Metamagic is a bit problematic regarding copyright. I'll try to ask Edge if i can add it as the full tree as in the charactersheet from Secrets of the Supernatural as a tab. If that is not possible I'll add a repeating section where you can enter the nodes by hand in the magic tab. I won't be adding a tabs for Familar(s), simply cause they are basicly full characters. Instead, I'd suggest you add them as another character. I'll add a simplified NPC view (like 5E OGL has) later on, but thats quite a bit in the future. Sheeles are quite a headache right now. It makes more sense to make them as different characters as it is possible to have more than one at a time trough the multiple familiars advantage, but linking and calculation would be easier if it's a tab in the character... For anything I'd like to autocalculate for them I'll also need to ask Edge if I'm allowed to, as this is from rules in the non free content (which is basicly some erata and the core sheet).

Edited 1493873123
You could try e-mailing the author to see if he can get you an answer. He's replied to a few of my e-mails before. His email is: <a href="mailto:contact@gateofmemories.com" rel="nofollow">contact@gateofmemories.com</a> or <a href="mailto:Carlos@gateofmemories.com" rel="nofollow">Carlos@gateofmemories.com</a> Yeah, I've been using mostly new character sheets for familiars.
Loki said: Currency is a good idea. Thought I'd rather putt hat into Armoury as a repeating field. In most campaings I run, players tend to change for valuables like gems to stop carying thousands of coins. Might as well add there some place to do a normal inventory too. Metamagic is a bit problematic regarding copyright. I'll try to ask Edge if i can add it as the full tree as in the charactersheet from Secrets of the Supernatural as a tab. If that is not possible I'll add a repeating section where you can enter the nodes by hand in the magic tab. I won't be adding a tabs for Familar(s), simply cause they are basicly full characters. Instead, I'd suggest you add them as another character. I'll add a simplified NPC view (like 5E OGL has) later on, but thats quite a bit in the future. Sheeles are quite a headache right now. It makes more sense to make them as different characters as it is possible to have more than one at a time trough the multiple familiars advantage, but linking and calculation would be easier if it's a tab in the character... For anything I'd like to autocalculate for them I'll also need to ask Edge if I'm allowed to, as this is from rules in the non free content (which is basicly some erata and the core sheet). Hey, are characteristic checks functioning properly? Here's my roll: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/05htdo1.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/05htdo1.png</a> Isn't that suppose to add 11 instead of 10?
Loki
Sheet Author
Gold F. said: Hey, are characteristic checks functioning properly? Here's my roll: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/05htdo1.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/05htdo1.png</a> Isn't that suppose to add 11 instead of 10? Yes that should add 11 from what I can see. I tested them and they worked fine for me thought, both with the public sheet as well as my dev sheet. Is this still happening for you after you try to update the strength value? If it is, could you invite me to the game so I can take a look what is happening? Currently I'm adding finishing touches to the new look and should be able to push a new update soon. I'll wait with the push until we find the root of this issue and can include a solution if needed.
Still getting the same issue. I'll send you an invite to the game.
Any word on the next release?

Edited 1493811273
Loki
Sheet Author
Just opened up the pull request for version 1.1.0 ! Version 1.1.0 brings: Brighter Layout with a bit more white spacing. Skills are now all visible at once, elminating lots of klicks when players forget where the skill was. Templates Changed to fit new style + Ki Template is now also styled decently. Small Inventory System in Armory, allowing keeping track of valuables and items. (total weight tracking will come later, GV allows setting how much gold a valuable is worth) Makeshift Metamagic fields for summed up description and costs. Options tab to set whisper behaivour, Open Roll Ranges and Fumble Range. Basic Open Roll and Fumble Roll button in Options tab. Checkboxes for Mastery for skills and abilities - reducing fumble range for that roll by 1 Checkboxes for Complex special for weapons - increasing fumble range for rolls with that weapon by 1 All Buttons respect the whisper behaivour, allowing you to set them to either always whisper to GM, never whisper or query if it should whisper. If you need this for macros, use the attribute&nbsp;@{wtype} infront of your output. All d100 rolls on the sheet respect open roll ranges, doubles and fumble range as specified by the rules. This only does higlight the result as crit/failure and does not do the reroll, use the buttons on the option tab for that - they query the user for the last result and add everything together. Be carefull thought as this doesn't decrease the open roll range for each reroll. (This will be done later with the API)

Edited 1493874612
Hey, just thought I'd tell you, though I'm not sure what you'll do with the information: In the Core Exxet, they altered some of the Breakage and Fortitude mechanics. Armor Quality: Each +5 Quality now grants only +5 Fortitude. Weapon Quality: Each +5 Quality now grants +2 to Breakage. Strength Bonus: 8-9: +1 Breakage 10: +2 Breakage 11-12: +3 Breakage 13-14: +4 Breakage 15+: +5 Breakage You may want to add an option to use this values instead rather than simply replacing them, as it's likely that at least some people will still be using the earlier values and are not interested in using values from the (as yet untranslated) Core Exxet, but having them automatically calculated with the outdated values has proven problematic at times. For a less problematic suggestion, would it be possible to have somewhere to put Regeneration and Weight Index values, for the sake of completion?
Loki
Sheet Author
Trinalsis said: Hey, just thought I'd tell you, though I'm not sure what you'll do with the information: In the Core Exxet, they altered some of the Breakage and Fortitude mechanics. Armor Quality: Each +5 Quality now grants only +5 Fortitude. Weapon Quality: Each +5 Quality now grants +2 to Breakage. Strength Bonus: 8-9: +1 Breakage 10: +2 Breakage 11-12: +3 Breakage 13-14: +4 Breakage 15+: +5 Breakage You may want to add an option to use this values instead rather than simply replacing them, as it's likely that at least some people will still be using the earlier values and are not interested in using values from the (as yet untranslated) Core Exxet, but having them automatically calculated with the outdated values has proven problematic at times. For a less problematic suggestion, would it be possible to have somewhere to put Regeneration and Weight Index values, for the sake of completion? Yes, I'm planning to add these to the next update. I'm using core exxet rules for my regular games too... that's one of the reasons why I started working on the sheet, as I'm currently preparing a online campaing.

Edited 1494043987
Looking pretty good. I love the new appearance, but I have a few issues with it that seem like oversights more than anything. For one, the fumble range is set as 90 as well. I'm also not sure why some of the fields (etiquette, metamagic, parts of inventory and open roll/fumble) are in red and have brackets around them. The Characteristics fields may also be positioned slightly wrong; they seem to be blank but there are two numbers at the bottom of the list.
Loki
Sheet Author
Whops, thought I changed the fumble range already. Also, sorry about the buttons, only tested with Firefox and not with Chrome so I missed that. Fixed these two already and made a pull request, should be updated on roll20 in the middle of next week. The red texts in brackets are missing translation entries, they got submitted and merged but are not updated yet. I asked about this in the pull request so should be fixed soon.
Well, a few more things are that the templates for weapons seem to show numbers (possibly just 0 and 1) for Primary and Secondary attack types rather than names. I presume you intend to fix all the buttons of the same type as the characteristic ones already, but they all seem to have the same issue I mentioned previously.
Loki
Sheet Author
As it was a problem with css differences between chrome and firefox, all buttons will be fixed. Added a fix for the attack types, with the update they should show up properly too..
It's been a while, but I noticed another oversight that I believe was in the code before your edits. Namely, Ki Concealment is being automatically calculated using the average of total MK and Stealth, rather than total MK and Hide, as the rules dictate. I am not sure if you're still working on this, but I thought I would bring this to your attention.