Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] NPC AC is way off

i am trying to fill in the new monster stat block in the Pathfinder character sheets for NPC's but for some reason with nothing entered in ac area. I have a -9 on my sheet and i dont know how that can be. Also what do i put i for the HP section of the new monsst/npc stat block. Thanks for  the help.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
no idea without more info. did you expand the import area above the black bar? in that area you can fill in exactly what's in a statblock and  then press Parse. actually the compendium statblock is slightly different, like, the init entry contains the entire line of the statblock starting with init (as the  placeholder text indicates) for hit points, it should look like the statblock, 3d8 + 12 or whatever it says. it's really for dragging things from the compendium, i have not testing much with just entering data. we are still working on that.
yea i try hitting parse and it still says -9.and that with no info for the ac. it says format but im nto sure what format toput there.

Edited 1489760568
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Is this a creature found in the compendium's bestiary Brian?  Have you tried dragging and dropping to the parse box and then editing values in the parse box before hitting "Parse".  BTW:  if you drag and drop to the parse box more than once or hit the "Parse" button more than once, you will end up was very wonky attribute values on the sheet.  It's really only made to be used as a one-time use to quickly get stats on the sheet.
No this is one of the Crimson Thrones Anniversary Edition Npc's.The Grey Maidens.

Edited 1489861286
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Brian T. said: No this is one of the Crimson Thrones Anniversary Edition Npc's.The Grey Maidens. OK, so are you editing values directly in the parse box(not recommended since this was really written to handle drag/drop from the compendium) or directly to the sheet(specifically the NPC section)?  Writing to the sheet, you can enter anything you want for attributes, although you may have to do some reverse engineering depending on the statblock.  This is how npc/monsters were entered prior to the parse box and hl import. 
I know but i cant enter in the attributes except lthrough the new stat block area. everytime i try toadd it myself i get the circle with a lint through it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm.  I'm not sure I follow. ;-(   Where are you seeing a circle with a line through it?  You should be able to manually enter values, unless a field is auto-calculated/read-only(normally depicted by a grey/blue shaded background color).  You will need to use both the PC and the NPC sections of the sheet when creating and NPC/monster, since some areas share the same attributes.

Edited 1489909850
Seems kind of strange to need to use pothe sides of the sheet to make an npc character. But ill give it a try. worse comes to worse i can always just use the pc side. Thanks for the help.

Edited 1490038525
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the npc page is now more of a view, to use during a game session. there is simply way too much data to input to make it both a view and edit. Unless we make a different expanded and contracted mode for the NPC page too. they use the same attributes now to make it easier on GMs to set up monsters. so now both PCs and monsters behave the same way. before you'd get some odd behavior.
Okay. i usually set up my tokens so taht the HP and AC appear in the two bubbles but when ever i have two or more of the same monster when i change one health they all change. is there a way to stop this or should i just input  their HP by hand? 

Edited 1490071640
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Brian T. said: Okay. i usually set up my tokens so taht the HP and AC appear in the two bubbles but when ever i have two or more of the same monster when i change one health they all change. is there a way to stop this or should i just input  their HP by hand?  It's a matter of properly linking a token with journal/sheet. You also need to "unlink" when you create multiple "mooks", otherwise they will all be linked to the exact same sheet.  Basically, PC's and unique NPC's and/or "named" monster will get their own sheet, otherwise ie make one Orc properly setup with represents and linked token bars, then set represents to "none".  Your linked token bars have already been set, but editing any one of your Orcs will no longer adjust a sheet's attributes you had linked (HP and AC). see wiki:  Linking Tokens to Journals Hope this helps.  cheers
Thanks =)