Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Purchasing Yawning Portal

Can I import this to a game that already exists?  There nothing currently in this game we're all kind of wondering if we can make characters ect,. without having to redo everything in another game when this content releases. Also WITHOUT any membership costs.

Edited 1489708146
I think (correct me if I am wrong) the free membership level still has a character vault, that can be added to. By default, you can't export to games, but with purchased adventures, I believe that there is a special case, and the game has an all access vault that can be exported to by free accounts. :edit: I should add that you would need to create a  new campaign with yawning portal, and import the characters from your vault.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I think  this blog post contains the answers to your questions. Excerpt from the blog post: Tales from the Yawning Portal has been adapted into seven Roll20 Addons – while only the full bundle is currently available for pre-order, you will be able to buy each adventure separately if you so desire. The Tales can be played as standalone adventures, or popped into ongoing 5E games as evocative dungeon crawls .

Edited 1489714545
Doesn't actually answer it, can it be popped into my campaign IF I have PRO.  I can do that with anything, I want to know if just out of the box it does that.  It's not very clear on a number of things like is dynamic lighting there even as a free member.  Roll20 doesn't do a very good job of discerning these differences and if it's all free if you purchase this stuff then what value does the membership have right?  Sometimes I wonder if their being intentionally vague as to sucker you into needing a membership, after people realize they need it in order to properly do things around here.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The Yawning Portal is a collection of Addons which you can add to a game without needing the pro level Transmogrifier tool. More information about addons is  here . It is about 2/3rds of the post down. It talks about the Addons then below it is Applying Addons.

Edited 1489716764
The yawning portal is not set up as a module like the LMoP or STK products available on the marketplace, but instead as a "Game Addon", which was only recently introduced as an option, probably to account for this new release. You can add a game addon to any of your games anytime you wish from your settings page, which will add the appropriate maps, characters and handouts to your game instantly. You wont have to use the character vault or the transmogrifer to do this, so no membership costs will accrue for this.
Nice.