Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Content Questions

Hey guys I am currently playing through Lost Mine of Phandelver with a group and loving it ~ though it is unfortunate that the tiles are 10ft instead of 5ft making the dungeons quite cramped and small.. Looking forward i was wondering about other content like Storm King's Thunder and Tales from the Yawning Portal ~ and if they would be set to 10 ft squares as well ? How have you guys found Storm King's Thunder ? Then for my other question i was looking at Monster Manual and Volo's guide ~ if these were imported to a game how do they work along side it.. Do they add a folder like you would find in Lost Mine of Phandelver with statted tokens and information that you can just drag and drop out ? Are they consisant with each other in terms of art style ?

Edited 1489718723
If you click on the cogwheel next to the page setup for the appropriate dungeon, you can change the scale of the grid from 1 to 0.5, which will effectively give you a 5ft grid. You will have to adjust the size of the preset tokens on the page, but that shouldnt be a problem. Some maps from SKT are also set up that way for some reason, but mostly just the big citymaps etc. Most have the very workable 5ft. grid setup, and work pretty well. The Monster Manual and Volo's Guide to Monsters will add additional compendium options, which you can drag into your game as you see fit. They will automatically have all the tokens set up in the way you see it being done for LMoP and SKT, and all follow the same artstyle, with official WoTC Art inside the Red Circular Token Design.
That's brilliant thank you for the work around :D
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
From a makers point of view, 10ft squares with 0.5 grid allows you to fit a large combat area on a smaller pixel map. That means it should load a bit faster for you.
Yea it works really well now i'm using it that way :) i am still pretty new here and its my first game dming ~ So still learning ^.^ its just a shame the premade WoC content isn't set to it in the first place ~ but yeah thanks again for the help guys, really looking forward to the next session should run alot smoother with plenty more maneuverability !