Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

NPC attack macro

is there a way for me to, after linking a token to a monster/npc journal, to just have a basic token action macro that when used it pulls out the currently selected monster's attack and rolls? like one that covers mostly everything without needing to make a new token action for each new monster/npc?
I use this as a non-specific macro: &{template:2Edefault} {{name=@{selected|token_name} Attacks}} {{attack hits AC=[[@{selected|bar3} - (1d20 + ?{Total to hit Adjustments|0})}]]}} {{Target AC @{target|token_name}=@{target|bar2}}} {{Damage=[[?{Damage Calculation|0}]]}} The total to hit is the strength, magic, lucky rabbit's foot total and for damage the entry would be 2D4+2 or whatever is appropriate for the user. I prefer wildly specific macros for most of my stuff, but when the bartender picks up a chair this works.
That depends greatly on the character sheet you are using for your game. What game system and sheet are you using?