Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom fx for spells

I would like to put a button in my spell description "Spell FX" or whatever that when my player hits that button it generates the fx for the spell he just cast.  I had something set up in the notes area I think but whatever I put there it just creates a little ball of fire on my PC when we use it. Does anyone have experience MAKING and USING the custom fx that could explain with a bit of detail how to get them working? I went through the wiki and even copy pasted the saved custom effects and they would not generate anything more than an orange fireball.  I'd love to use this but cannot figure out how to make it usable.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What sheet are you using? I know the Shaped sheet has a field to put in SFX for spells, but not sure about any others.
I use the Pathfinder sheet, but I want to know how to effectively create effect which I can then use with the /fx command and put them into my spell macros.  When I try to make fx they seem to do nothing most of the time.  Like my parameters are missing something.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Documentation for the /fx chat command can be found here: Special Effects (/fx) I added a section to the Custom FX page that directs to this documentation. ( Using Custom FX in Macros )
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The /fx chat command can be nested within Command Buttons. The easiest way to do so is to use an Ability Command Button .