Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Character sheet building] Number inputs do not save the attribute in Firefox if given specific styling

Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I discovered this while building character sheets. When you give an input of type number the following style (to mirror Chrome behaviour in Firefox) : input[type=number] { -moz-appearance: textfield; } input[type=number]:hover, input[type=number]:focus { -moz-appearance: number-input; } It will not save any values entered into it to the character's attributes (while using Firefox). You can see on the Attributes & Abilities tab that the value is not changed, respectively the attribute created. Values assigned in Chrome will work fine (but be esssentially uneditable in Firefox, in the sense that they will reset once you reopen the sheet).
Weird indeed. A klunky workaround, but may hold a clue to a fix for this: I can sometimes get the field to update if I quickly tap the Enter key twice while the number field has focus.
Gid
Roll20 Team
This really has us scratching our heads. Is it possible to get the sheet style you want without using that Mozilla webkit?
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kristin C. said: This really has us scratching our heads. Is it possible to get the sheet style you want without using that Mozilla webkit? I don't think so, but I'm no CSS wizard. I've just disabled this part of the CSS now, and Firefox users will have to live with ugly number inputs.