Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e][Homebrew Setting] Looking for 1 to join our campaign. 1500 GMT, Sundays.

Hello, everyone. Due to some unfortunate real-life circumstances, a couple of players have dropped from our campaign recently, freeing up a few spots for the taking. We already have one person due to join the group, but we have need for another. The setting is entirely homebrew, so please, no characters with extant elaborate backgrounds. Unless, of course, the background is setting-agnostic enough that it can be reworked to fit the lore of the campaign setting. Here is the hook: The shifting expanse of the Pāll-tanír is easily one of the most inhospitable environments in the world of Sekhar, and every grain of sand in its rolling dunes is coloured by a long history of triumph, conquest, betrayal, and bloodshed. Its people are hardy and tough. Millennia of desert life has taught them how to bend even the merciless sunlight to their will. Where man has no right to prosper, the desertfolk have managed to construct opulent cities—beating hearts of prosperity in the parched heat of the sands. It has been some time since the tumultuous years that followed the conquest of the Pāll-tanír by the Tretalleri Dominion. The leaders of old who, out of pride, rejected the Dominion's peace and instead agitated for freedom and independence have been supplanted by their heirs, a wiser generation, that chose to bend the knee to the Ivory Throne for the sake of their people. Since then, and thanks in no small part to the intervention of the Dominion, the great caliphates of Madras and Tan'ayya, that dominate the desert sands, have been enjoying decades of fruitful trade, much-welcomed peace, and unprecedented prosperity. Change, however, is on the hot desert wind. Seers, and the common man alike, fear that a storm is brewing beyond the horizon. A handful of points about the campaign: Although currently the campaign is in a place where RP is relatively sparse, coming up, there will definitely be bigger elements of RP. With the restriction of monstrous adventurers, most everything officially published is fair game. There are a few restrictions, of course, in terms of race. I'll outline general stuff below. Unearthed Arcana stuff is not unwelcome, but definitely consult me if you want to do anything UA-related. With the exception of the ranger. If you want to use a ranger, you can use the reworked ranger from UA. The current party composition is Fighter, Cleric, Sorcerer (the Paladin and Ranger characters will be leaving the scene within the next handful of sessions.) In the setting, the equivalent of Halflings are extinct, and there are no extant equivalents of the Aasimar, Triton, Firbolg, and Kenku during the time period of the campaign. Because of the origin lore behind their equivalents in the setting, if you wish to play a Genasi or a Tiefling, be prepared for the heavy burden that being either of those races entails in the setting. This is because the origins of the Genasi and Tiefling equivalents are intricately tied with the cosmology of the setting. That is, they don't come from what would be considered the "prime material" plane in this setting. Humans are humans, but the equivalent of the orcs are a civilized shamanic people, the dwarves are a bunch of puritan theocrats and the gnomes are a race once subservient to the dwarves but are now navigating their newfound social status as lesser 'equals'.  The wood elves are known for being mischievous and are generally mistrusted (perceived as thieves and troublemakers), the high elves are vain hedonists who believe that their innate beauty makes them superior to all other races, and in this setting a third race of elves, the bone elves are imperialist and have managed to extend the territory of their Dominion to cover nearly all of the known world. There is intense animosity between the high elves and the bone elves, the ancestors of the latter were enslaved by the ancestors of the former and relations have only soured since. The dragonborn equivalents are a mysterious tribalistic people who revere the true dragons and their so-called "ascended."  The goliaths are a desert mountainfolk who rely on the regular arcane sandstorms (arventir) that sweep through the Pāll-tanír for sustenance, the tabaxi are a nomadic people whose ability to move through the desert sands has afforded them a privileged position as couriers for goods between the scattering of towns that populate the Pāll-tanír, and, finally, the lizardfolk were once slaves to the empire of the stormcallers that presided over the Pāll-tanír before an early alliance between humans, tabaxi, dragonborn, and goliaths drove the empire into hiding. I think I've covered most things, but if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :).
Hey there, I'd like to be considered for this game, I love the imagination and detail you've put into your world. I have a Human monk that I think would fit well with your party composition (and the background is extremely flexible). Let me know if you think this would suit. What current level is the party?
Raevyn85 said: Hey there, I'd like to be considered for this game, I love the imagination and detail you've put into your world. I have a Human monk that I think would fit well with your party composition (and the background is extremely flexible). Let me know if you think this would suit. What current level is the party? Oh. I suppose I forgot to mention that, huh. Well, the Cleric, Sorcerer, Paladin, and Ranger, are all going to be level 4 at the onset of the next session. The fighter joined only last week so he's still at 3rd level. You'd be joining at 3rd as well.
That's great, definitely still keen, feel free to ask me any questions about myself, I'm very much so about a balance between RP and combat, but on a personal level won't consider min/max'ing, rather focusing on my characters personality for development.
Raevyn85 said: That's great, definitely still keen, feel free to ask me any questions about myself, I'm very much so about a balance between RP and combat, but on a personal level won't consider min/max'ing, rather focusing on my characters personality for development. Awesome. :3. That's what I look for in a player. I'll be sending you a private message to the discord for this campaign so we can talk more freely over there.
Damn, I wasn't around for this yesterday. Are you still taking players?
Techatol said: Damn, I wasn't around for this yesterday. Are you still taking players? Whoopsie. I didn't notice that there was a reply on here. Hmm... *weighs options* I think I can fit one more person in, yeah.