Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM making nested macro for PC

Ok so I remember seeing something about this and can't seem to Google the proper phrasing to find an answer.  iI have two players who are both new to D&D and Roll20. Both are a little overwhelmed and don't have the time to research macros. I want to help them up front until they get hooked.  So I made a whisper ability that nested two macros on my account. When I tested them they worked but I had to have all my players make those macros on their side before the ability worked.  how do I get around this? Do I just need to add the visability on my accounts macro itself. Or make a generic PCMacro character and give them all controll of it? Thanks!
Depends on what your macro(s) are doing. If your macro(s) are only reference modifier attributes or something similar you can very easily make a game macro and then make it a token action and give all the players visibility. You can add game macros in the menu tab next to the settings tab. If your macro(s) are tied to specific attack rolls or character abilities you will have to add the macro to their character sheet manually.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
As the GM, at the bottom of the macro, the option "Visible to Players" is there. Simply add the players who need access to the macro there, then it will appear in their collections tab. 
Posting the macro might help trouble the issue.
Franky - thanks! That's what I was looking for. Craven - don't you worry I'll be posting some macro issue soon. I have some weird issue with a macro on one monster that works with all my other monsters. I'm not at home so no dice atm though.