Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Cannot drag-and-drop linked character tokens to map from Journal

Edited 1490219126
Hi there, I'm a returning member here and a bit rusty, so it's entirely possible that the issue I'm about to describe is due to user error.  As mentioned in the title, I can't seem to drag-and-drop any of the characters from my journal to the map.  Each of the characters in my journal is linked to a specific token.  I've seen YouTube videos where others have been able to simply drag-and-drop items from their journal onto the map in this fashion so I know it can be done, I just can't seem to do it myself.  One thing I noticed is that when I attempt to drag and drop a character in the journal, the character temporally disappears in the journal until I attempt to drop it, at which time it reappears in the journal, but not on the map.  In the YouTube videos I've seen this did not occur.   Here's a screen shot of what I mean: I've followed the troubleshooting advice in this thread and there doesn't seem to be any issues with my browser, firewall or extensions.  But in terms of the details: Web Browser : Firefox; Browser Version : 52.0.1; Operating System : Windows 10; Is Javascript Enabled? : Yes; Antivirus Software : Norton Internet Security; Browser Add-Onns & Extensions Enabled :  OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems Inc.; Shockwave Flash (version 25.0 r0); Widevine Content Description Module Provided by Google Inc Thanks in advance for your help. Kind regards, -Tad EDIT : this issue has been resolved (see Lunor B.'s comment below).

Edited 1490218746
I have a potentiel explanation. It's happend really often that my players do this mistake : If you click and drag in the red-circle, then it disapear from the journal until you unleach the click, and there is no token. BUT, if you click and drag from the green circle part, it should be ok. :)
OMG that totally worked!  I've been sitting here trying everything I could think of when the solution was so simple.  Thanks so much for responding Lunor B., you've saved me quite a bit of frustration.  Cheers!
My pleasure ! ;) Have a nice game and a lot of fun !
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
I'll go ahead and mark this as resolved. Feel free to post again if you need anymore help. =D