Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What do you think?

PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey Starting putting out tokens now. What do you think? Strange Monsters Strange Monsters 2 Typical Monsters you would find on your adventures
Gold
Forum Champion
I like the look. While you have some common D&D style monsters, the actual art has originality, so it's not just a take-off of well-known Monster Manual pictures. The expressions, poses, colors, and shadows, show a uniqueness that comes from the artist (Joshua Kurz). They have personality. Your Grell (excuse me, "Brainbird") looks like it is telling a joke and laughing, and that makes me smile while deviously throwing a flock of deadly grells at the party. I've got my eye on the set with the Clock Monster because I have a use for that creature in an upcoming campaign, and haven't seen many tokens of that kind of creature before. The one token that felt slightly out of place was your Rat, because it seems like the only one made with a direct top-down viewpoint. I wouldn't have minded seeing both packs of tokens (19 monsters + 20 monsters) merged into one for a single price, this is a small critique. It is apparent that a lot of creative drawing and coloring work went into these so I think that the 2 packs will prove to be worth the low price each. It's almost a whole campaign or multiple adventures, multiple levels worth of consistent and cute art-styled monsters. Personally I like this oblique, side-view perspective of monsters for my games, probably more than Pog style (token tool / SKT / Volos), and probably more than top-down. These are re-sizeable, have personality, and convey what the full size creature could look like when you're facing it. Keep up the good work expanding your Marketplace offerings, from maps to now tokens!
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thank you. I have been trying to expand on my artwork for multiple genera. I appreciate the amazing feedback it really feels good that you took the time to review all of these. I wanted my own spin off of many different creatures, and plan to have many more variations of monsters in future sets. I did my best to provide my own interpretation of creatures that you would be commonly found in a dnd game. I noticed that it would be great to have them all in one pack, however token packs vary from 20-60 or so tokens. However, in these sets there are no repeat variations of the monsters that were created so I didn't feel the need to make multiple tokens of different colors. Just seemed like a lot of wasted space if you had multiple colors of a brainbird or others. lol. Green brainbird would be interested I guess. LOL. Not only maps to tokens but also have a module on the marketplace. I like being part of everything on the marketplace at least I try to be. Thanks gold.