Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Frozen chat

I just tried to open the Chat Archieve and got a message that the document size exceeded the memory capacity of Chrome.  Now I find that I can not add posts to the current chat and the dice roller does not function.  Any thoughts as to how to remedy this situation.  I have a game scheduled for tomorrow and can not run it with these problems.  Roland
Attempts to clear the current chat log appear to work but when I type in a new message and hit send, the previously cleared chat log reappears and the new message does not.  I tried restarting Roll 20 but this did not help.  I cleared the downloaded portion of the Chat Archive but this did not help either.  Roland
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by clearing the Chat Archive (note: not clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
Never mind.  I cleared the Chat Archive and it appears to have solved the problem.  Sorry for panicking.  Roland
An attempt to back up the document is what caused the problem.. Clearing the Chat Archive solved the problem as you suggested.  Thanks for the quick response.  Roland
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Great. I'll mark this as resolved. Feel free to post if you need anything else!