Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

OGL 5E Macro to add toggle to repeating attack....possible?

Hello Rollers, I am a moderate coder at best, a very new DM, and extremely new to Roll20 (I decided to DM a game for my first roll20 experience because I'm a masochist) I was able to find the macro code for a repeating attack and had played with toggled damage for my ranger's hunter's mark before. I figured it would be easy to add a toggle for the repeating attack of his bow and then make another for hand axe and a third for offhand hand axe. So far boy was I wrong... I would love to find a macro that will let me use the "%{Elrik|repeating_attack_-KaL2e2oIpfyG4mUtJAm_attack}" to call the attack but not show damage of "%{-K_rKv2zR9_MpHRf-GUb|repeating_attack_-KaL2e2oIpfyG4mUtJAm_attack_dmg}" until the weapon name is clicked like it does when clicking on the weapon from the OGL character sheet, but if I can get it to work asking for MH or not either way I would be thrilled. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Best try so far has been "%{Elrik|repeating_attack_-KaL2e2oIpfyG4mUtJAm_attack} [[?{Hunter's Mark|No,0|Yes,1d6}]]+%{-K_rKv2zR9_MpHRf-GUb|repeating_attack_-KaL2e2oIpfyG4mUtJAm_attack_dmg}" this result asks and seems to accept the input, but does not add the 1d6 to damage & shows the damage the same time as the attack roll.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Anytime you use % to call something, it's a self contained macro. Instead, try adding your hunters mark query to the damage section of the macro on the sheet. 
@Franky H. Holy hell.....I feel like such a moron! Thank you so much! That is awesome! I never thought of adding the macro into the damage section of the ability to get exactly what I wanted. If there is a way to give Karma or points or anything let me know so I can do that for you! For any one else who might find this I just added: 1d8+?{Hunter's Mark|No,0|Yes,1d6} to the damage section & 1d8+?{Hunter's Mark|No,0|Yes,1d6} to the crit section