Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Daylight Savings Issue

Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
I noticed that when I set the time for my game next week it comes up as being an hour ahead of what it normally is. This is presumably because America is now in daylight savings- the problem is that the rest of the world isn't. So my game shows correct for all my American players but for everyone else it shows an hour ahead. (6:30 GMT+1 instead of 5:30 GMT).  Hopefully this is an easy thing to sort out and I know you have more important issues to resolve- but I'm sure it will cause mass confusion over the next weeks. It also makes it hard for people looking for games to join as they will think the game starts an hour later than it does. 
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll put together a bug ticket for that.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Talking with the other devs, the times you see for games is pulled in from the timezone set on your browser. You may want to double check that your browser is pointing at the correct timezone region.
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
If it is because of timezones then roll20 has changed it. Presumably it has put everyone at +1 hour because of America moving forward 1. That has not happened anywhere else and it's not just me. All of my non American players have also experienced this. If I set my game to what roll20 suggests then it is correct for America and 1 hour ahead for all other players. If I set it correctly then it is correct for everyone else but 1 hour behind for America.  I will manually change it back though if that will fix the problem- please tell me how to do this as I don't see it in account options. My concern is that if I go in and change it manually then when I actually hit DST then I will have to go and change it yet again- I just wanted you to be aware that you may not have accounted for it correctly in the way you adjust the time on here. 
Gid
Roll20 Team
Katie said: If it is because of timezones then roll20 has changed it. Presumably it has put everyone at +1 hour because of America moving forward 1. That has not happened anywhere else and it's not just me. All of my non American players have also experienced this. If I set my game to what roll20 suggests then it is correct for America and 1 hour ahead for all other players. If I set it correctly then it is correct for everyone else but 1 hour behind for America.  I will manually change it back though if that will fix the problem- please tell me how to do this as I don't see it in account options. My concern is that if I go in and change it manually then when I actually hit DST then I will have to go and change it yet again- I just wanted you to be aware that you may not have accounted for it correctly in the way you adjust the time on here.  Thanks for the extra feedback on that, Katie. This helps us figure out how widespread the issue is. This is something we should fix on our end.