Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

pull down menu for a macro

Hello all, If I am wishing to write a macro that creates a pull down menu for a selection of a few choices, and then will print the choice you make within a text - how do I create this? I wish to use it for something like: "...casts a spell which grants protection from [here it would have the pull down and then insert either the choice of cold, thunder, etc.] ...". I see pull downs created for other uses, but having trouble with this basic one.   Thanks! Barry
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey Barry! The pull down syntax you want is ?{Damage type|cold|thunder|fire}.

Edited 1490501152
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
You can optionally put flavor text inside the choice as well. "...casts a spell which grants protection from ?{Damage Type?|Cold,the chilling bite of frost!|Thunder,the shocking grasp of thunder!|Fire,the burning grip of fire!}" This will put out: "...casts a spell which grants protection from the chilling bite of frost!" "...casts a spell which grants protection from the shocking grasp of thunder!" "...casts a spell which grants protection from the burning grip of fire!"
Thank you both!!!

Edited 1490590803
hi here are some working makros from my game choosing a saving throw type and roll the dice (sry language is german) ?{Rettungswurf| psychisch, &{template:default} {{name=Rettungswurf @{selected|token_name}}} {{psychisch=[[1d20+@{Rettungswurf psychisch}]]}}| physisch, &{template:default} {{name=Rettungswurf @{selected|token_name}}} {{physisch=[[1d20+@{Rettungswurf physisch}]]}}| physikalisch, &{template:default} {{name=Rettungswurf @{selected|token_name}}} {{physikalisch=[[1d20+@{Rettungswurf physikalisch}]]}}| Gift und Krankheit, &{template:default} {{name=Rettungswurf @{selected|token_name}}} {{Gift und Krankheit=[[1d20+@{Rettungswurf Gift und Krankheit}]]}}|} a bit more complicated, choosing a weapon, roll for hit, weapon damage and type, hit area (from a rollable table) ?{Angriffsart?| Knochenspeer, &{template:default} {{name=Stoß mit Knochenspeer}} {{Trefferwurf=[[1d20+@{Angriff Waffe}]]}} {{Schaden=[[@{Knochenspeer}]]Stichschaden}} {{wo= [[1t[Trefferzone]]]}}| Knochenschwert, &{template:default} {{name=Kochenschwerthieb}} {{Trefferwurf=[[1d20+@{Angriff Waffe}]]}} {{Schaden=[[@{Knochenschwert}]]Schnittschaden}} {{wo= [[1t[Trefferzone]]]}}| Knochenaxt, &{template:default} {{name=Hieb mit Knochenaxt}} {{Trefferwurf=[[1d20+@{Angriff Waffe}]]}} {{Schaden=[[@{Knochenaxt}]]Spaltschaden}} {{wo= [[1t[Trefferzone]]]}}| Knochenbogen, &{template:default} {{name=abgeschossener Knochenbogenpfeil}} {{Trefferwurf=[[1d20+@{Angriff Waffe}]]}} {{Schaden=[[@{Knochenbogen}]]Stichschaden}} {{wo= [[1t[Trefferzone]]]}} }