Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Tokens] Masterwork Borders 4 — my largest (and most magical) pack so far!

Dylan G.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Masterwork Borders 4 Buy Here I've been making customized token borders for my own campaigns to facilitate fun for expression- and sensation-based players for years, and it's added a lot to the experience by bringing everyone into an engaging and unified setting. This set focuses more on an arcane/magical feel, and introduces new special effects compatible with previous sets! The runic effects come in three different glyph sets, and all the effects come in a wide range of colors. The Masterwork Borders series is a solid investment for GMs that want to add another layer of polish or expression to their digital table without having to drop a fortune on photoshop layer-styles, or years into mastering the tools themselves. On the docket for future sets: • A new Campaign Overworld If you'd like to give feedback… …then here are a few questions I'm asking for future sets in the series: • Would you be interested in combo collections with all of the previous tokens or effects bundled together? • What other effects would you like to see in future sets? • What would you like to see more of? More Sci-Fi? More Fantasy? Something super specific? • If you also purchased one of the previous Masterwork Borders sets, what about this set appeals to you? • Anything else you'd like to say? Any feedback is better than no feedback! Thank you, and happy adventuring!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
These are beautiful!
Dylan G.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I'm glad you think so! :) I'm fairly proud of this set myself.
I have literally 0 experience with anything such as GIMP or Photoshop. Is there by chance a youtube video or more "for dummies"-esque tutorial on using these? I would love to try them as they are beautiful, but my only experience is using Token Tool, and Idk if you can make use of the modifiers on there or not. Either way, thank you for the time and effort in making these.
Dylan G.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Omnitus said: I have literally 0 experience with anything such as GIMP or Photoshop. Is there by chance a youtube video or more "for dummies"-esque tutorial on using these? I would love to try them as they are beautiful, but my only experience is using Token Tool, and Idk if you can make use of the modifiers on there or not. Either way, thank you for the time and effort in making these. There's a how-to image included in each set, but I'll look into putting together a more in-depth tutorial. In the mean time, here's a more detailed step-by-step: Open the border, modifier, and portrait files you'd like to use in your software. Copy the modifier and portrait images into separate layers in the border file. Place the portrait image at the bottom of the layer order and the modifier at the top. Resize the portrait as needed to fit the border while keeping proportions (hold shift in Photoshop or control in GIMP) Use the eraser to remove pixels outside the border. Save this document as a new file using the .png file type. Hope this helps!