Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Notice of Absence

To quote the membership thread: "[A]ll petitioners pledge a strong dedication to be present for each weekly session on time, giving advance warning when that is not possible . . ." This is the official thread for members to give notice of absence. Please post notices in this thread even if you have mentioned it elsewhere such as in Roll20.net chat, PM, Discord, verbally, or otherwise. Please try to give us at least 24 hours of notice before being late or absent. In this day and age, with cell phones in everyone's pockets, that should be no problem and it keeps us from needlessly waiting at the start of the session. You can post to this thread using Apple and Android-based phones if needed. I know in the case of emergency, I have sent Chris a text before. I dislike setting a numerical limit to how many sessions players can miss in a season before their chair at the table is vacated. However, I've now learned it is necessary to do so. If you miss more than three sessions, your chair will be vacated. Please try to be at the table on time. Five or ten minutes every now and again is all right, but not frequently and not in the 20-30 minute range . If you're going to be more than 10 minutes late, please let us know. No one wants to hear the same announcements multiple times. Attendance policy: Never no-call, no-show. Always give advance notice of absence in the official thread. If you fail to give advance notice of absence, you will receive a warning. There won't be a second warning; you'll be relieved of player status. This is not a three-strike system. It should never happen, so once is too often. If you miss more than three sessions, your chair will be vacated. If you're going to be more than 10 minutes late, let us know in advance. Don't be late by any amount for two sessions in a row. If you were late last session, come early the next. Thanks for being courteous to your fellow players by showing up on time and each week.
I will be out of town for our May 21 session.
Guys, I have family members visiting here so I'll be tied up all afternoon this Sunday (23). Sorry about short notice.
Sorry for the late notice, but I'm so sick that I didn't get out of bed more than a couple hours today. I think I'm going to sleep in tomorrow. Sore throat returned with vengeance, so I can't talk.  If Mark would like to run the show tomorrow, by all means. It was intended as a primer for combat with the "new" party and nothing more. Chris, please record if you guys play.

Edited 1493542993
Well, I was going to say I wasn't here today, but there is no game apparently... luck is with me. Anyways, I'll be with friends so I won't be here for the session. I guess I should have told that earlier, sorry about that. Well, maybe I'll be here LATE session but I doubt there will be more people.
Unfortunately, I'm out as well. Flu or something similar that's gone around at work has finally caught me.
I just got told I am expected at a Mother's Day lunch tomorrow for my sister, who recently had her first baby.  No one told me anything about it until moments ago. Since what we do ("play on the computer") is not in any way shape or form an acceptable pastime or hobby in our society, I couldn't use this as an excuse. Not even close. I'm beyond furious, but have nothing at which to direct my anger, so I'm just broiling right now. I't my hope that Chris will record the session and Mark run the monsters and NPC's. I hate not being there, but I can't make it and no one in my life cares one tiny bit about allowing me Sundays, noon to 5, for playing a silly game on the computer—not that I blame them.
Get even with them by being a constant presence in the kid's life, the "cool uncle" who takes him/her horseback riding, teaches 'em to swear, tells embarrassing stories about their parents, and gives them their first shot of whiskey. (I personally still celebrate that uncle in toasts.)
While I hate to cancel yet another game, I've forgotten until just now that this weekend is Memorial Day. I haven't been to the national forest in two years while every other year of my life for the past 25 or so, I've went three or four times at least. A couple months ago, I turned down an offer to go on behalf of Gorefest, but I didn't have the strength to do so this time, considering it's also a wild party. So, with sincere apologies, I'm going to cancel a second game session. It sucks that we weren't already in the dungeon, but I don't have it written well enough for Mark to run it and besides, I really want to be there! Looks like our next session will be June 4.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.
I have an important work trip this Monday and I'll be preparing for my appointments during this weekend. I won't have time to sit at the gaming table, sorry guys.