Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Where can I put my music?

Hello!  I recently started dabbling with orchestral and medieval sound banks (I usually stay in the synthpop/synthwave realm) and I kinda like the result so far. Is there a place where I could potentially post my stuff? Not necessarily for sale at the start but still, I don't wanna link my bandcamp and get banned cause I didn't know the rules or something lel.  Also, is it me or there's no music in the marketplace? What's up with that?  PS. I hope this question hasn't been answered 12 times, I'll feel bad. Thanks!
No music is sold on the market place and at the moment roll20 have a limited library where you can not upload your own music mainly due to legalities of people uploading material that isn't theirs. As far as sharing your music via another site, unfortunately its pretty vague about it but its best not to, maybe a dev could answer this one a bit clearer than myself. I feel the pain, as a producer myself I find myself bottle necked trying to share my music with fellow TTRPGers.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Your best option would be to upload to Fanburst, as roll20 can stream tracks from there into the VTT using the Jukebox.&nbsp; See:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Jukebox#Using_Your_Own_Music.2FSounds_through_Fanburst" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Jukebox#Using_Your_Own_Music.2FSounds_through_Fanburst</a> for more information
Oh cool, I see. Is there any way to share my stuff with roll20 users like the people who post in the marketplace forums? Thanks for the answer!
Gold
Forum Champion
Some Fanburst uploaders include Roll20 in the title of their sounds. This way GM's who are searching for Fanburst sounds (in the Roll20 Jukebox search field) can type Roll20 and it's more likely for the sound to come up.
Thanks Gold I'll look into it! Seeing how visual artists have a platform and are able to make a few dollars off of their art, I don't see why music creators wouldn't be able to as well. I don't use the music tools in roll20 but I'd still buy stuff from people here and use it for my campaign.&nbsp;
Roll 20 imho could use a little more synthpop
I'm playing an anti-coporate synthpop idol in my Sprawl game so having some synthpop would be awesome!