Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

3D Dice Sides appearing as black or not at all

Did a quick search, didn't see anything. With 3D dice, just about every dice has a side/sides that show up completely black. Still works, but annoying, especially on D20. Also, sometimes a particular dice wont show up at all. I can push d20 5 times and it'll throw 5 out, but d6 I get nothing. This also changes every time I login to a campaign.
1385568788
Gid
Roll20 Team
The 3D Dice is one of the more process-heavy features. It utilizes the three.js Javascript Library. How do these examples run on your computer ? Also, what's your system details (don't need your IP address)?
1385583242

Edited 1385583293
Examples ran smoothly, tried 3 of them. My details are: Windows 7 1280x1024 Chrome 32 bit color Java enabled Flash 11.9.900 I have multiple gigz of ram and multi-core processor. The dice themselves load smoothly, except for some sides being completely black and some (such as the d6) not loading at all. Doesn't seem to be computer side, but maybe there's some setting I don't have on or need to adjust?
1385584702

Edited 1385584786
Gauss
Forum Champion
Matthew W. , could you supply a screenshot? Regarding your system details, what is the version number of Chrome? Next, open your console (Ctrl+Shift+J) and report any errors when the dice fail to roll.
Version 31.0.1650.57 m I just opened up roll20 again and all the dice rolled this time, but I still got a few "black" sides. The one below is on the d12 and the d20 had a couple black sides. It still seems to "change" every time I open a campaign. It's been as bad as almost all the sides on the d20 being black to just one or two. The number still shows next to it though!
1385655993
Gid
Roll20 Team
Matthew, could you check your console log as you roll dice to see if there's any scripting errors occuring.
I opened up the console and if I hit a dice rapidly it comes up with, "Error in event handler for (unknown): Error: Failed to execute 'getRangeAt' on 'Selection': 0 is not a valid index." but it looked like it was rolling fine. I couldn't replicate this, but I saw this error once. Which mentions the sides of the dice: Failed to load resource <a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/models/d12//textures/d1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/models/d12//textures/d1</a>... Failed to load resource <a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/models/d8//textures/d8S" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/models/d8//textures/d8S</a>...
1385684289
Gid
Roll20 Team
The way the dice are set up, each die face has its own associated texture image, which would explain why parts or all of the die is rendering black if something is interrupting the texture fetch.
1386088466
Gid
Roll20 Team
Sorry about this slipping through the cracks. Holidays be crazy. Have you tried clearing your cache to see if that remedies the problem yet?