Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wider Breadth of Forum Topics

Generally - It's good that the forums are sharply focused the way they are - that, for example, the Pro/Dev forum zeroes in like a laser beam on current development projects, that there's a 'This is -only- about API' forum, etc. But, they are -all- sharply focused. & the FAQs are sharply focused similarly. & the Devs are not directly contactable, as far as I can see. I do see the value of funneling input to the Devs through straws. Actionable issues go right to action teams. But the combination of the forums being sharply focused & there not being, really, very many of them makes for an experience that feels like, O you can't find a way to ask a question? good, that's on purpose ... A Forum for Asking 'Where's the Forum?' - How do I ask how to ask something that seems to be an excluded topic? Specifically, at the moment - How do I ask a question about Terms of Service ?
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Keith. For questions and issues that fall outside the scope of the Roll20 Community Forums, you can email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> (such as questions about the Terms). Wiki docs for Customer Support, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Customer_Support_FAQ" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Customer_Support_FAQ</a>

Edited 1491850094
Yes I said in my post that the FAQs are as sharply focused/limited as the forums, that the FAQs do not contain either a hardwired answer or a way to ask my example question (thanks for reiterating the link?). OK, I will email the team that way. But it's a discussion of real practices & experiences, of my sample 'excluded question,' that I'm after. For example, your own avatar is a Grateful Dead copyrighted logo, I thought: what do you understand that I don't that makes you comfortable using that? If the Dev Team writes back a deep discussion to me about understanding TOS & DMCA etc, I'll come back here & say so, & suggest closing this Suggestion. Please keep this open, meanwhile. It's not just about my example. That email address, I'll point out, is nowhere shown on the Roll20 site, as far as I've been able to find it. You are answering that that email address is the answer to my Suggestion. Do you mean that, whenever someone has an excluded question, they should do what I have just done here, post a suggestion of, Please tell me how to ask an excluded question, picking almost randomly a forum to post it in, & they, individually, will get as an answer from a Dev that secret email address? ( Specifically , I'm particularly trying to imagine a hypothetical which does not mean TOS's "[may not] Post or otherwise submit any[thing] ... or otherwise objectionable " makes any & everything anyone's posted already a violation of TOS just waiting for when someone wants to call it out for some 'reason,' & anyway that being the case why does Roll20 even have a 'This game has Mature content' filter? just to flag a game as, I'm objectionable please come boot me? ... & will this Suggestion, now, be taken down, because, mentioning wanting to ask about the ins-&-outs of hosting a game that has mature content, the Suggestion itself is now objectionable?) Please forgive that my tone became a little more heated. Just, it's frustrating. I think my Suggestion of broadening the forums is a good 1. Please vote!
Gold
Forum Champion
Keith J said: That email address, I'll point out, is nowhere shown on the Roll20 site, as far as I've been able to find it.&nbsp; The email address is found on the Customer Support wiki page. The Customer Support wiki page is linked at the bottom of each webpage of Roll20, where it says "Need Help? Visit our FAQ!"
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .