Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Questions about GM harassment/abuses

I recently agreed to help a large group of Mutants and Masterminds players to try to field a game for 25 players, split into five groups of five. They asked me to create a completely original New York City type setting, and I agreed. They even asked me to have it ready by June 7th, so I asked them to create some bare bones skeletons I could use to craft their PCs' friends, love interests, etc when I had enough done to open the signup. This morning I woke up to 35 abusive pms ranging from e simple but effective 'f-bomb you' to being told to lick their [expletive self deleted] from my mom's [expletive self deleted], then one of them even posts in the character signup asking why they should have to even come up with bare-bones info and goes into a rant about how it's my job (despite having to create 8 million+ other NPCs) to create such characters and throws a hissy fit when I posted up why I asked for it. People talk about mutual respect between GMs and players all the time to get respect, yet don't want to give any back. How should I deal with such issues in the future?
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
no one should be inflicted to that sort of harassment perhaps contact roll20 directly
1. Don't ever agree to create and run for a group that you didn't create. 2. Don't put up with any sort of abuse aimed at you or at anyone in your games. Kick them to the curb. 3. Report these clowns to the Devs, I realize they will be back in fifteen minutes with new names and emails but it is satisfying to see them get the boot. 4. If anyone feels that something is your job, they should be paying you.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
As a freelancer, I don't even tolerate this type of behavior from people that are paying me. Report them and block them.
Greetings Gary, can you please email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>? As folks above mentioned, our Code of Conduct does not allow for this kind of behavior. I'm going to close this thread as we will chat more over email. All the best.