Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Art, and even the occational token, is not visible.

In our first game session, my players... 1. could not see the art uploaded to a hand out even though I could see it. 2. couldn't see a monster token moved to the token layer from the GM layer.  I had to upload it from my library again and stat it up on the fly. 3. unable to see uploaded pictures in other character sheets in their journals. All this happened while my characters can see characters data and handout descriptions without fail.  It's just the uploaded file artwork. ***Now*** I'm doing revisions to the game between sessions and I'm unable to see most of of my uploaded pictures.  Instead I get the icon indecating that a webpage gives when a file can't be found.  Right clicking it, I got: <Error> <Code>AccessDenied</Code> <Message>Access Denied</Message> <RequestId>494A3DE8A0AE9C3C</RequestId> <HostId> z8usbSXEdYjwdPPaV3swgMTo8WhTcok96viE/y63IZy816flwVO6b7bNw84aDcEeDOeK+kH0ZxY= </HostId></Error> Please help.
In this case, the main screen won't show the art uploaded to it.
My journal for the game.  Two characters and one hand out will not appear.  I guarantee that each one had a pic last time I accessed Roll20.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Are your images jpg, gif, or png?  tiff files will not load, and jpeg (vs jpg) will not work either.
GenKitty said: Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? It didn't seem to work.  I'll move on to Step 4. Valerie M. said: Are your images jpg, gif, or png?  tiff files will not load, and jpeg (vs jpg) will not work either. Since I re-uploaded some of the character pics, they've been reliable so far.  They're all the same file type (png).  
I'm wondering if all files reside in "My Library" no matter where they're in use.  Deleteing them from "My Library" would leave any use of that artwork to find an empty address for that file.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Dair Indy said: I'm wondering if all files reside in "My Library" no matter where they're in use.  Deleteing them from "My Library" would leave any use of that artwork to find an empty address for that file. Yes. That would be the case. Whenever you upload a graphic to Roll20, it gets stored to your account's image quota. These images are accessed via My Library. If you delete images from there, it removes them entirely from our image servers, which is where Roll20 links to all of your image content in your games.