Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

My tokens all broke...

I've always created my default monster tokens so that they do not have a name show up in the initiative tracker. This is especially nice for when my players are encountering an enemy that they haven't seen before. On my pages that have tokens already laid down, all of the tokens are like this. However, today I was in my game making some changes and every new token dragged onto a page lists the creature name despite the fact that I deleted them before setting them as the default token. Even creatures that I have on existing pages so I know they used to be set up correctly. This is beyond frustrating. Something has happened recently that changed ALL of my tokens. Is there a way to fix this? I have hundreds of character sheets already set up. The thought of having to go back and redo everything I've already done is making me sick.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This is probably an unintended side effect of the new Game Defaults changes: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4936723/update-4" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4936723/update-4</a>... Maybe check and see if the defaults for you game have the name on?
I've already checked defaults. There is nothing about token names in there.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I was thinking about these: Show Nameplate Toggle See & Edit Player Permissions for: Name

Edited 1492657446
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If those aren't somehow it, I think it would make sense to move this to the bug forum.&nbsp;
none of those things are selected.&nbsp;
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Moving to Bugs Forum. &nbsp;
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I can see how our new drag and drop process was being TOO helpful. I changed the places where it adds in the name if the token is blank to only before you're dropping a default token. Your issue should be fixed. Let us know if it's causing you any other issues.
Thank you! All fixed. I was scared at having to go though and update all my tokens again but it's all working now. Thank you!