Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Google Drive and other cloud storage integration for storing large files

I have a number of map tiles stored in my Google Drive which can't be uploaded to Roll20 because they take up too much space as a collection (and I'd have to delete other tile sets to use the current one), and on top of that, there are some individual files too large to upload in the first place (even with a paid account). Since Roll20's art library doesn't seem to have a problem pulling in image search results from the web, why can't I give permission to connect to my Google account and access my images?
You may want to split your map into a number of smaller sections, uploading them to Roll20, and then reassembling them on the map layer like tiles would. Note that large maps may slow things down, and you may want to consider stepping down the resolution of the maps. 140 DPI should be good for most purposes without a noticeable loss of quality to the human eye.
I think you misunderstood--I have tiles that are already broken-up map parts, but as a whole collection they take up a lot of space. A few particular files are above the file size limit, but even if I compressed them more or split them up, I'm facing the issue of deleting some of my old files just to swap in a new tile set. The 1000 MB storage with my current subscription is nice, but Roll20 definitely isn't a file storage business.  For 2 bucks a month I get 100 GB on Google. Give me a break, add the Drive API. It would technically reduce load on Roll20's service. I don't even mind if you protect your subscription service by making it a paid feature (I'm here for the dynamic lighting anyway). 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .