Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can users select Tokens without moving them?

Is there a way to make NPC tokens selectable, but not allow players to move or manipulate them? Basically, I want to put information for NPCs it the Bio with an Image (different from the Token), and allow the players to Shift Click on the token to be able to view it. But I do not want them able to move the token.
I believe that putting the NPC in player's journals accomplishes what you are wanting to do.
Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case. They can't select the token unless I give them full control it appears. They can see the character sheet on the side. But because they can't select the token, they can't just double click on the NPC token to bring it up without giving them the ability to modify it. This means that have to actively look for the NPC in their log if they want to review it again.