Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Cypher system is dead/dieing?

Is the cypher system dead or dying?Is numera or the "strange replacing it? I played the cypher system 2-3 times and got all ready to be in a regular game group when stuff happened and many moved away. It seems as though the cypher system is dead or dying now, should I cash in and switch to another system? if so what do you recommend? I love the 5-8 offs. That is I love to play an RPG that lasts 2 months or so, not a lifetime character, and I tried dndE5 2-3 times but it seems as though there is too much history with dnd that I don't like. Any advice would be appreciated. An example of what I don't like about DND 5E:::::: [well you can use that spell, but u ate a berry before you went to sleep, and that berry poisoning lasts 16 hours, so you can't use that spell after all, and besides that, u need to get to someone that has a Herb kit or is associated with a natural Water druid, that is good in nature in order to remove the berry poison, and even then you will only be able to have it applied by a wood elf.] And I was suppose to know this ???? [WELL YAH ITS FROM dnd3, and carried over through dnd4 but dropped for a month, then brought back after that.]
Sounds like you have a problem with specific DM's style rather than D&D itself.
How would any of us know whether or not a game is dying? If you can't find a game to play in, perhaps you should give GMing one a try? And your example can happen in any roleplaying game, it's not a D&D only thing.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/cyphersystem/