Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Forum for user groups, and perhaps split LFG into two.

Edited 1492782606
Would it be possible to have a forum created for user groups who want to advertise for GMs or players? There was an LFG thread for a group who use Roll20 to play RPGs but who use Discord for voice, and have a variety of games going at any one time.  The thread was closed because it did not list a specific game.  There are several current posts in LFG that fall astray in the same way. So obviously there is a need for a separate forum for such posts.  May we have one, please?  It would be for groups, like clubs for example, or like a group of Euro players looking for other players in their time zone.  When they don't know in advance what the next new game will be, or when they have so many games that they'd be spamming LFG if they were to post them all. Also, as a secondary suggestion, I think LFG could stand to be split into LFP (Looking for Players) and LFGM (Looking for Game Master).  I think it'd make things a bit easier to find what you want, by cutting out a bunch of the posts you'd have to search.
Yes please. 
I had thought there would be more support for something like this. >.>
4 month bump. To add to the list of forums that could be added, I think a General Discussion forum and an Off-Topic forum should be added.  It would allow people to actually have discussions on things not listed in the other (highly specific) forums.
Yeah, a less restrictive forum would be nice.
Peter B. said: 4 month bump. To add to the list of forums that could be added, I think a General Discussion forum and an Off-Topic forum should be added.  It would allow people to actually have discussions on things not listed in the other (highly specific) forums. I agree. I don't use the LFG much personally, but I would like to be able to posit ideas and threads whose merits could be worked on in a civil manner. Honestly though, I see this going the way of 99% of suggestions :/ 'noted, but ignored'. Here's hoping though. +1
John B
Pro
Sheet Author
Could creat a game with this focus and invite url in it for auto approval. Then there is a customized forum. I have seen a hub for d6 for example.
John B said: Could creat a game with this focus and invite url in it for auto approval. Then there is a customized forum. I have seen a hub for d6 for example. Yeah, see, the thing is that such a group would be mostly invisible.  You'd have to constantly bump an LFG listing, assuming the mods would even allow you to put such a listing in the LFG forum.  If not, then you'd be completely invisible. Also, not that I mind, but your suggestion of a workaround is expressly not allowed according to the rules of this forum. :P
They definitely still need to do some retooling of the forums. -.-
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .