Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Inserting Initiative roll into Turn Order

I thought I saw a post some time ago about this but I can't find it now.  I'm trying to do is get Add Turn to roll initiative and insert it into Turn Order in the correct order automatically.  Can this be done and if so how? KenB
[[ 1d20 &{tracker} ]]
You'll have to move it to the right spot or resort the tracker though. There's no way to automatically do that.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
let turnorder; if (Campaign().get('turnorder') === '') turnorder = []; else turnorder = JSON.parse(Campaign.get('turnorder')); const token = ...; // determine token to use for turnorder as appropriate const initiative = ...; // determine initiative as appropriate const turn = { id: token.id, pr: initiative, custom: '', }; if (!turnorder.length) { // if there are no turns, just add the new one turnorder.push(turn); } else { // this code assumes the turnorder was sorted and the 'next turn' has been pressed zero or more times let firstIdx = 0; if (parseInt(turnorder[0].pr) <= parseInt(turnorder[turnorder.length - 1].pr)) { // if the first item in the turnorder should come after the last item, then 'next turn' has been pressed firstIdx = _.findLastIndex(turnorder, (elem, idx, list) => { const curr = parseInt(list[idx].pr); const prev = parseInt(list[idx - 1].pr); return curr > prev; }); } // tail is all of the turn items at the end that should be at the beginning after sorting const tail = turnorder.splice(firstIdx); // move the tail to the front (essentially, sort the turnorder) Array.prototype.unshift.apply(turnorder, tail); // find the position the new item should be inserted at const insert = _.sortedIndex(turnorder, turn, (elem) => parseInt(elem.pr)); turnorder.splice(insert, 0, turn); const head = insert < tail.length ? tail.length + 1 : tail.length; // move items from the front to the back so the same token is first as before Array.prototype.push.apply(turnorder, turnorder.splice(0, head)); } Campaign().set({turnorder: JSON.stringify(turnorder)}); Code is untested, and assumes the turnorder is sorted (from highest to lowest) with the exception of hitting the next turn button (so, something like [4, 3, 2, 1] or [2, 1, 4, 3], but not [1, 3, 4, 2]). If your turnorder is low to high, switch line 19 from <= to >= and switch line 24 from > to <.
Brian  I get this error when new sandbox spins up:  SyntaxError: Unexpected token ...    I've had very little exposure to API scripting but trying to learn.  Where should I look for Unexpected token?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That isn't a working script, it's more of a template if you were going to expand it to do what you wanted. GroupInitiative is a script for doing lots of things with initiative if you'd like one "off the shelf".
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: That isn't a working script, it's more of a template if you were going to expand it to do what you wanted. In particular, the snippet above explicitly isn't determining the token and initiative value to use. The "..." is a placeholder for where that code ought to appear. =)