Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP D&D 5E Enhanced Storm King's Thunder - Monday @ 9pm EST - Professional Game

Edited 1493398084
A storm is coming. Cracks of thunder shake the very foundation of the sword coast. Bolts of lightning leave behind naught but ruin. Will you hold steadfast against the tempest, or will you be washed away? Adventure: Storm King's Thunder, an epic giant-focused adventure that stretches from level 1-20 and beyond, full of deadly combat, sandbox exploration, intrigue, politics, and multiple factions vying for dominance. This is a fresh group, starting out with session 1 on the 1st of May. Style: I like to emphasize creativity and player freedom. You'll be rewarded for coming up to solutions to problems I had not considered, and for going off the beaten track. The game is about the narrative experience, and having fun. The handbook is more of a guideline than actual rules. My biggest inspirations and influences are Chris Perkins, Matt Mercer, and the Angry GM. New players welcome! Game: We'll be playing in Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition, with players able to use all options in the Player's Handbook, Volo's Guide to Monsters, the Elemental Evil Player's Companion, and the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide for character creation. Unearthed Arcana and homebrew are allowed on a case by case basis. 18+: This is a game played by adults, using adult language. Schedule: Once a week sessions, going ~3 hours each. Monday Nights, 9 PM EST. If you are unable to make at least 90% of these, please look for another game. I plan for the entire campaign to last ~25 sessions. However, plans rarely survive an encounter with my players. Price: Price? Why on earth would I pay for a dungeons and dragons game? By supporting me, you allow me to spend much more time crafting a better experience, as opposed to flipping burgers. Here is what you are paying for: Support whenever you need it, making your character, backstory, leveling up, setting up anything on the character sheet you need help with. Countless hours of campaign writing and testing completed by Wizard's of the Coast. Over 250 hours of campaign preparation and conversion completed by Roll20. Over 100 hours of improvements, additions, and adjustments completed by myself. Over 300 statted Tokens featuring original artwork from Dungeons & Dragons. Over 60 battle-ready Maps, with Dynamic Lighting on 34 of them. Over 40 background soundtracks and music, customized for every leg of the adventure. Custom macros for rolling stats, initiative, attacks and spells, and anything else you need. Cross-linked handouts throughout the adventure. A grand story full of adventures, including the largest Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition battles ever. Over 160 locations in the Forgotten Realms. A guaranteed good time, or your money back! First and last session free! Not convinced? Message me about listening in on one of the sessions to see if this is the right choice for you. “ This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $12 per person per session via paypal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. ” "No matter your skill or experience, Mend is the last DM you'll ever need" 5/7 - David "So much fun, you'll think you've rolled a natural 20 for DM" - Also David "That was loads of fun, I really appreciate your dedication and commitment to the DM role. Can't wait to play the next Campaign!" - Sam "The best DM I've ever had" - Colleen
Wish it was later inthe night, oh well. Hope you get a good group.
I doubt I could join for various reason but out of curiosity is that $12 session fee for the whole party or per person?  The former would be extremly affordable, the later not so much.
Yeah I'm really interested in being part of this but I also have the same question as above, 12 per person or just 12 for the session 
Apologies, I should have been more clear that it is per person. I'll update the main post. 
Fyndhal
Plus
Sheet Author
I am a professional gamer and game designer. Your game will definitely be better for my inclusion. I have more than 35 years of role playing experience in all versions of D&D and countless other games. Whether it is Role-Playing, Roll-Playing or somewhere in between, I can enhance the game for your other players. Need a strong voice to keep things running? I can do that. Someone to fade into the background and work with the GM to set up long storylines without twigging the other PCs? I can do that. I can help shepherd newer players and help reign in min/maxing munchkins. I can help you design "House Rules" that will enhance your game without breaking it. All of this for the low, low price of $2 per session.
I'd like to join in. Do you plan on starting tomorrow night? And is it voice only, or video?
Now I want to contact WotC and see if they'd hire me as a professional playtester, since I have over 25 years experience playing all editions of D&D, as well as the knowledge to suggest creative and successful changes that could improve any system, not to mention 5 years experience in running D&D games for happy players. Do you think they'd pay me $12 an hour for that sort of work?
Fyndhal said: I am a professional gamer and game designer. Your game will definitely be better for my inclusion. I have more than 35 years of role playing experience in all versions of D&D and countless other games. Whether it is Role-Playing, Roll-Playing or somewhere in between, I can enhance the game for your other players. Need a strong voice to keep things running? I can do that. Someone to fade into the background and work with the GM to set up long storylines without twigging the other PCs? I can do that. I can help shepherd newer players and help reign in min/maxing munchkins. I can help you design "House Rules" that will enhance your game without breaking it. All of this for the low, low price of $2 per session. I appreciate the offer, but I'm not looking for any professional players at this time. You sound like you would make a great DM though; have you considered running your own professional game? I've been been doing it for about 6 months now, and it's only gotten easier with the official roll20 support in the LFG system. Jim L. said: I'd like to join in. Do you plan on starting tomorrow night? And is it voice only, or video? Character creation begins tomorrow night. We are currently voice only. This  link , also located at the top of the page, will take you to the LFG page, where you can make an application.  Micah P. said: Now I want to contact WotC and see if they'd hire me as a professional playtester, since I have over 25 years experience playing all editions of D&D, as well as the knowledge to suggest creative and successful changes that could improve any system, not to mention 5 years experience in running D&D games for happy players. Do you think they'd pay me $12 an hour for that sort of work? To the best of my knowledge, WotC does not officially hire playtesters, and instead uses the unearthed arcana feedback surveys and the like as their primary means of gathering information. If they did, $12 an hour would not be impossible, but $11 an hour looks closer to the average payout. So probbably not. 
Character creation is mostly complete, however we still have one spot remaining. Next monday we offically start the adventure!