Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder West Marches style game. Looking for 2-3 English speaking players.

Edited 1493035151
Hi!&nbsp; I'm a DM of 3 years, I've been playing Pathfinder exclusively, a few pre-made Adventures and Kingmaker to be specific.&nbsp; This time around I'm hosting a West Marches game with a few friends. We are 2 sessions in and are having a blast. I am now looking for 2 or 3 more English speaking people to get a decent group rotation going on. We are many Swedish people already, so I'm sorry but I will not take anymore swedes in our group. Reason being, DnD in Swedish is awkward, and DnDing in English with a whole group of swedes is equally awkward.&nbsp; For those that don't know, West Marches is a style of game where every session is a one-shot (2-session adventures might occur) and the plan is to start and adventure and end it within one session with the group either dead or safe back in town. The game world is persistent, meaning changes that some players have made in the world will be noticeable to others. You join a game on an at-will basis by signing up on our group reddit page when I announce a date for next game. The groups will be 4-player groups, meaning that I might have to pick and choose players so that we get a good rotation.&nbsp; We don't have a fixed day and time for our games, rather we play when we have enough people that wants to play, generally once a week. We are Europeans and as such use CET(GMT+1) time.&nbsp; I have some homebrew rules that doesn't interfere with the general principles of Pathfinder.&nbsp; What I expect from you:&nbsp; I expect you to create a character that wants to explore the wilds. The town of Pale is your safe haven in West Marches and some role playing will take place there, but the majority of the game is wilderness exploration. I expect you to create a character that wants to work together with others to achieve the goals you set as a group. Meaning, no lone wolves.&nbsp; A feature in our game is something called Player Quests, or Major Quests:&nbsp; Player Quests/Major Quests&nbsp; Major quests are quests the characters invent and choose to undertake. When you know of something in the marches that few others know of, and it inflames your passions, write yourself a major quest. Tell the GM. If your party is not currently pursuing a major quest, you may reveal yours. Tell why you care, and ask your allies for aid. If they agree to help you, everyone immediately gains XP. If your group completes the major quest of anyone in the group, everyone immediately gains XP. Character Creation I or any other DM must be present for rolling of stats. Roll 4d6, remove lowest die. Re-roll if result is 7 or lower. Do this 6 times. The results are your attribute scores. 18+ &nbsp;Adult content and language. You can see more rules and other goodies here: <a href="http://westmarchesgang.wikia.com/wiki/West_Marches" rel="nofollow">http://westmarchesgang.wikia.com/wiki/West_Marches</a>... Write a bit about yourself: A/S/L (lol we're back in the 90s guys), your DnD experience and a quick character concept.&nbsp; &nbsp;
Hello, my name is Marius, and I'm interested in joining your game. I've been wanting to try a West Marches-style game for a while now, and I like what I'm reading in your Wiki. About me: I'm 29 years old, working full-time as a teacher, and am decidedly not Swedish. Hopefully you will not hold me being Norwegian against me, however. &nbsp;;-) &nbsp;I've been playing D&D since shortly after 3.5 came out, and gave 4E a try before making the switch to Pathfinder. As of late, I have been playing and running mostly 5E, but I am familiar enough with Pathfinder to roll up a character without any trouble; I'll probably stick with Core Rulebook options since I've been away from the game for a while, though. The character concept I have in mind at the moment is a Human Barbarian named Braydon, seeking spiritual atonement for a crime committed back in civilized lands when he was younger.&nbsp;
Hello Marius! Sounds good, I will PM you with info :)&nbsp;