Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Getting Error Message For Spells (5e OGL Character Sheet)

Edited 1493671612
Hi. I'm using the 5e OGL Character Sheet in a game. The spells are giving this error: "No ability was found for %{-KcuXVvYg594LZxUjOL4|repeating_attack_attack}". It's so frustrating because it's always worked before in my other two games. I can't understand why it's not working now. Please help!
Gid
Roll20 Team
Balamor, what's the name of the game you're running into this problem. Also is there a specific character sheet and spell that is triggering this?
Hi. The game's name is: "Evil Lurks in Many Shadows." The character's name is Brittle. Half of her spells trigger this. Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Thunderweave, Acid Arrow, and Scorching Ray. I imported this character from another game in the character vault. The original character didn't have these issues. Thanks for helping. Regards, Balamor
Gid
Roll20 Team
I made a copy of the game and I'm seeing the exact same error, Balamor. I found that all of these spells in question, when I roll them from the Core sheet, will prompt me to ask what casting level this is, so it may be due to that element. If your player rolls these spells from the Attacks and Spellcasting section of the core sheet, it should roll the spell properly in chat. I'll ask Steve why this could be happening when rolling from the Spell Sheet in the meantime.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Okay. After talking to Steve, we figured out what likely happened. When you add an attack spell to your spell book tab of your sheet, it automatically creates an entry in the Attacks and Spellcastings section of the core sheet. These two elements are suppose to remain synched up. By the looks of things the spells on the spell book tab don't link with their Attack on the core tab. What may have happened was that the player who owns that sheet accidentally deleted and re-added items from either the spellbook tab or the core tab which caused the de-sync. The next update of the 5E OGL, Steve is designing this relationship between the two tabs to be far less fragile, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore afterwards. Right now, I would recommend your player to remake their sheet. The spells should be pretty easy to replicate on a fresh sheet by dragging and dropping them from the 5E Compendium.