Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Custom Character Sheet

Hello All, I have been working on creating a custom character sheet for a game system I am trying to setup in Roll20. I have been looking through quite a bit of the guts for some of the more advanced character sheets, trying to figure out how they are auto calculating a value for the textbox from the values of several other entries. To date, I have not been able to find the exact path they are following to make it perform the calculation once all the fields have values. I have looked the most at the most recent version of the Pathfinder sheet and I have found all the fields, but I am not seeing how the actual calculation is performed so I can recreate it on my own sheet. Any suggestions?
1494389503

Edited 1494389694
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Many(most) of the calculations on the Pathfinder sheet are done within  sheetworkers (javascript).  The PF sheet, like other sheet's on roll20 used to do all calculations within the html.  This becomes problematic for sheets with lot's of attributes and calculations. Sheetworkers use a limited set of javascript to be used that can allow sheets to be much more complex, powerful, dynamic, and efficient.  If you don't have the experience to implement sheetworkers in your custom sheet yet, there are many sheets on roll20 that still do all their calculations within html.  You could have a look at  older versions of the PF sheet (pre sheetworkers) on github repo to get a better idea of how calculation of attributes were handled.  Cheers
Thank you for reply! I suspected that there was something I was missing. I will look into the sheetworkers. I am a software engineer by trade so I am fairly sure I will figure things out!
1494437491
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Alexandrynn Uthdengaar said: Thank you for reply! I suspected that there was something I was missing. I will look into the sheetworkers. I am a software engineer by trade so I am fairly sure I will figure things out! No doubt.  ;-P
Is that sarcasm I am hearing/reading? lol. I know there are people that claim to be such things but really are nothing more than hackers. 
1494448353
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Alexandrynn Uthdengaar said: Is that sarcasm I am hearing/reading? lol. I know there are people that claim to be such things but really are nothing more than hackers.  Not sarcasm.  Really. lol