Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Pathfinder]

Hi, been using the sheet for a long time now, and I like the improvements, although they can be a bit disconcerting. Now, I'm trying to us Scorching Ray, which requires 3 attack rolls and 3 damage rolls. On the latest version of the sheet, there is a button labelled "Create Attack". Fine,it creates a new attack, and I can enter the number of rays, and it works when I use this attack. What I can't figure out, though, is how to have these attack rolls automatically done when I "cast the spell". I need to cast it because it rolls things like the caster level check to overcome SR, etc. Previously, and for some spells, I would just create a macro for the damage, but it seems bizarre to be able to link an attack and not to be able to use that attack in the spell itself). The strange thing is that there is a link in the attack itself, with a label like -kjzyci5ny2r3vxpim1f and reading "Linked SPell ID for Scorching Ray", but it apparently does nothing... I,m probably dense here, but how do I create that link? Thanks in advance!

Edited 1494708768
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
As it's currently set up, you cast your spell and then make an attack.  Two rolls... We'll look at adding a menu button so that you can make a linked attack directly from a cast spell's chat output. The linked id is just used between the attack and spell to keep the common attack/damage attributes in sync.  One workaround is to add a link to make the attack directly in the spell's description. example Use the attack's id to manually create a menu button in the spell's Description Add a menu button to description.  You can ignore the first Damage in this case since attack and damage will be roll when you execute the Scorching Ray button. [Scorching Ray](~@{character_id}|repeating_weapon_-kk2afhbaz6vxsakpoze_attack-roll)
Thanks, it seems that the answer is not as trivial as I thought it would be, but it's a great answer, and works reasonably well. Still looking forward to a final solution, but it's a really good work around. Keep up the good work, and many thanks!

Edited 1494764346
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
also youll have to check "2nd attack", "3rd attack" in the iteratives section of the attack right now. I was also thinking of adding a # of attacks field to the spell so it will do that for you would not be necessary.
This is an interesting point, because not only do you have to check the iterative attacks, but you also have to change the default modifiers from 0 / -5 / -10/ etc. to 0 / 0 / 0. It's not a problem, but it's a little bit more to do. But while you are at it, it might be interesting to have a number of attack field that takes macros so that you can input something based on the level of the character.