Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Bug] Character Sheet Custom Preview displays nothing

Edited 1494820616
ISSUE RESOLVED Upon going to the Preview tab of the custom character sheet editor, nothing is displayed. About half of the time, the HTML and stylesheets will load into the document for the preview, but regardless, nothing will appear.  I believe this error may be related to the ace.js library, as it is throwing warnings which I have never seen before.  Log file and screenshots are in the Google Drive folder here. Also in that folder is a screenshot of what the character sheet looks like in-game at this time (expected behaviour). To replicate: Go to the Game Settings of a campaign (make sure you have a Pro subscription) Choose the Custom character sheet option Enter HTML and Stylesheet Go to the Preview tab System specs: Windows 7 64-bit Chrome 57.0.2987.133 Javascript and Cookies enabled Flash disabled I should mention that I have followed through with the  Solving Technical Issues guide, and am posting this in compliance with Step 4.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not an answer/solution, but this definitely a known issue amongst sheet authors. ;-( You may find the Dev server sheet preview works a little better, but most authors simply load a game in another tab or window and use that as the preview.  Lot's of refreshing.  Good luck.
I've been doing that for a few hours now. Significantly slower, but at least it lets me debug the sheet workers. Still, I'd love to know what's happening, and why it just started all of a sudden after a month of use as expected.
Michael C. said: I've been doing that for a few hours now. Significantly slower, but at least it lets me debug the sheet workers. Still, I'd love to know what's happening, and why it just started all of a sudden after a month of use as expected. If you got a month of it working as intended, you are one lucky person! Congrats. It's never worked for me and I designed several custom sheets for my own personal use.
I found the issue. In my stylesheet I had the following code: input[type='radio'].sheet-upArrow, input[type='radio'].sheet-downArrow , { display: none; } Notice the extra comma between the last selector declaration and the beginning of the style rule. When Roll20's prefixer executes on this code, it generates this: .charsheet input[type='radio'].sheet-upArrow,.charsheet input[type='radio'].sheet-downArrow ,.charsheet { display: none; } I removed the errant comma. The preview feature works again.