Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character stats and tokens

Every time I drag my character token over to the map I have to attach the character sheet to it. Is there a way where it's "saved" in there when I drag it out to the map? Thanks
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Once you set up your token to reference your character, you have to open your sheet and with the token selected, click "Use Selected Token". This ensures that the token is the default for that character sheet. For step-by-step instructions and full information, look here:  Linking Tokens to Journals .
Thanks Followed the directions of the link you provided three times and I can't get it to work. Going to look for a video tutorial online if there is one.
Did you have two or more journal entries with the exact same name and delete one or more of the copies? This can cause the token to lose its link to a character sheet. You can fix this by dragging out the token, double clicking it and setting all the token settings including the Represents Character section. And then, and only then, open the character sheet and click edit and Use Selected Token. Use Selected Token needs to always be the last step you take.