Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] copying npc monster stats from compendium to sheet. help

Lets say i want to put a goblin on the map from the compendium, i have found a token i want to use, i have found the goblin in the compendium, how to a transfer the the stats from the compendium to the character sheet... i can clearly see the option to use compendium on the pathfinder sheet using the drag option using PARSE... but im doing something wrong.  I cant seem to drag anything without the text box dissapearing. anay help would be good.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Gary, Here's gif of how to import a monster. Vince has one of these around somewhere too, but it was faster to just remake it. Happy Rolling, Scott
hi, cheers for the gif... s0 iv done it how you showed, when the settings button is white like yours, and its set to npc, and its showing the parse section, when i move my cursor over to compendium to find and drag my creature across the character sheet dissapears... the thing is i actually have got it to work once earlier when making a goblin, the character sheet didnt go... i dragged my goblin over the sheet turned yellow and it worked. But now it wont and its blowing my mind lol.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmmm, I've never had that happen. Might have to see what Vince or someone more experienced with the compendium has to say. One thing I want to ask though (probably a pointless question), you are using the pathfinder compendium right?
yes sir, pathfinder character sheet, pathfinder compendium. 1: click on new character 2:edit 3:change name to Boar 4: copy picture of boar into avatar box 5:save changes 6:character sheet 7: click dont see again box for update messages 8: is npc character 9:click section for settings where it brings up parse box with drag and drop from compendium.  10. go over to the left with cursor click on compendium and the character sheet dissapears.... I dont understand what im doing wrong?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Do you have your character sheet popped out into its own window (either because you clicked the button on the character sheet to do so or because you have that set as the default behavior in your settings menu)?
so my character sheet will appear on the left hand side of the screen away from the task bar with the compendium in it, i noticed that your settings button on the character sheet is a black square inside the button mine shows a picture of a kind of circular star. thanks for your patients by the way... i just dont understand why a created a goblin before myself and now i cant lol
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, mind PMing me an invite to your game? I think it'll help to be able to see it live.
so you were right i just clicked off window pop outs for characters and now it works.... many thanks, and again thank you for your patients and knowledge.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
np, glad you've got it working
yeah man, all day iv been you tubin videos ect, trying over and over.... so can now enjoy creating my monster manual. cheers