Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E Campaign Not for Everyone

Edited 1495063415
Ajax
Pro
To not waste anyone's time, I will state early in this post, this will not appeal to everyone. This campaign will have some limitations in class and race, but at the same time it will have a degree of realism. There will be a lot of role playing and will not be a hackfest, of course the world is a hostile place so conflicts are inevitable. Players looking for characters with high numbers will not care for this, although high ability stats are possible they will be rare... For those of you still here. Characters start at level 0 and a 6 in each ability, modify the 6's by Racial bonuses. Races allowed are the typical D&D Standard, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, and Human. Then 1d6 is Rolled for each Ability IN ORDER and added, this results in scores between 7 and 14. Characters start without a Class, classes are selected upon reaching Level 1, this occurs after completion of the first adventure. Before choosing a class, Roll 1d6 for each Ability and place these in any order, this results in character abilities between 8 and 20. During the first adventure players will have their characters begin to hint through Role Playing what Class they might take when reaching level 1. There are some Class restrictions but I will not detail those here... Players will start with nothing but the clothes on their backs and a few coins in their pockets, they will not know the rest of the characters at the beginning of the adventure, and most likely will not know exactly where they are... This campaign is in it's early stages (probably a few weeks away)... If you are at all interested in something like this, please add a post here...
I had an idea for running a game kinda like this a while back, any idea on what times and days this would likely be scheduled
Some time during the week and at around 7:00 PM CDT, sessions between 3 and 4 hours...

Edited 1494973433
Ajax said: To not waste anyone's time, I will state early in this post, this will not appeal to everyone. This campaign will have some limitations in class and race, but at the same time it will have a degree of realism. There will be a lot of role playing and will not be a hackfest, of course the world is a hostile place so conflicts are inevitable. Players looking for characters with high numbers will not care for this, although high ability stats are possible they will be rare... For those of you still here. Characters start at level 0 and a 6 in each ability, modify the 6's by Racial bonuses. Races allowed are the typical D&D Standard, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, and Human. Then 1d6 is Rolled for each Ability IN ORDER and added, this results in scores between 7 and 14. Characters start without a Class, classes are selected upon reaching Level 1, this occurs after completion of the first adventure. Before choosing a class, Roll 1d6 for each Ability and place these in any order, this results in character abilities between 8 and 20. During the first adventure players will have their characters begin to hint through Role Playing what Class they might take when reaching level 1. There are some Class restrictions but I will not detail those here... Players will start with nothing but the clothes on their backs and a few coins in their pockets, they will not know the rest of the characters at the beginning of the adventure, and most likely will not know exactly where they are... This campaign is in it's early stages (at least a month away)... If you at all interested in something like this, please add a post here... This sounds really interesting, I'd love something like this. I've had about a year of experience of DnD and I'd love to play as an Elf (do you also pick a sub-race with this system)? And the time your proposed works for me, no mater the day. 
I'm interested.  The concept sounds like a lot of fun.  The proposed time slot fits extremely well for me too.  
Can you voice Skype for more information?
This sounds amazing, I'd love to be part of this. It looks like the kind of game I'd enjoy, since I do not care for minmaxing, fighting lots of monster, stats, numbers and rolling a lot of dice, the thing I value absolutely the most is roleplaying. Please take a look at the bio in my profile if you need detailed informations about what kind of player I consider myself to be, then if you think I could be a member of this campaign, I think I would absolutely love to.
This reminds me kind've like the plot of an anime from not too long ago, very interesting premise and I actually like that my role and roll play will determine my class more then making a build etc.(Hai to Gensou no Grimgar being the anime)
I'm interested as well if you still need people.  It sounds like it'd be fun.
My schedule is in transit atm but if you get your game up and running I would love to be a part of it, I'm a well versed DM myself and I prefer when games are run by the books for the most part, I.E. printed matierial. (when everything in a game is homebrew it just gets to broken for me) but the idea for the game sounds like a ton of fun
Potential Players (all who show interest) should also send Ajax a Private Message indicating what race and class they will eventually play, this will help provide small bits of business the player will encounter during the initial adventure....
This seems super cool id love to play my schedual is open and id love to get stuck in.
Great idea, I'm very interested!
This sounds amazing! I have an open schedule as well and I would love to be included! I've always had to play with groups that were high stats near the 18's right off, and i've always wanted a more realistic go at the game!
Colour me interested
I'm down for a realistic-ish DnD. Sign me up and call me purple.
If you're not already filled up, this sounds too intriguing to let pass by. 

Edited 1495496638
Ajax
Pro
There have been quite a few character concepts sent to me, so I think it's time to let the interested parties know what the Class Restrictions are: These are the acceptable Classes. Barbarian Bard Cleric Fighter Paladin Ranger Rogue Wizard All of these will be role played into, from a commoner. A potential barbarian would display a certain amount of savagery, even though there are no Evil Alignments allowed, a potential wizard might find a spellbook and find they understand some of it, a cleric or paladin might receive a calling, etc... Characters, while still level 0 may find little things starting to take hold, a potential bard finds that when ever sings or spins a yarn that it affects something...

Edited 1495423398
I have two questions. First, while I understand Homebrew is out (Which is fair) are you allowing use of any of the Unearthed Arcana releases from Wizards of the Coast for the listed classes and their archetypes?  Second, are we only using options found in the core rulebook or are you allowing us to select backgrounds (if backgrounds are being used)/Class Archetypes from supplements such as The Sword Coast Adventurers guide? 
I hope to have this campaign up and running in about a week, the games will be played either Tuesdays or Wednesdays, at 7:00 PM CDT, sessions will run about 3 hours and Discord will be used as the Voice Chat. Players who submitted acceptable character concepts will be notified of the first session by Private Message... -Ajax
Invites have been sent to all those who responded, read the PMs to request the Game Link... Thank you...
Still Accepting potential players...
This campaign is set to start this Wednesday, May 31st, at 7:00 PM CDT... -Ajax
I'm interested, love a good game where it relies on the players own creativity.
This sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I'm in
This Game is Now Filled, thanks to all who showed interest...
Neat idea.  Let me know when you open another game? :D