Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 NPC Automatic HP formula not Working (or am I just doing it wrong?)

O, great and wise ones, I need your help! So I've been trying to make some NPC, that was easy enough but to create a little more variation for veteran players I would like to use the HP formula to create random HP. The only issue is, I can't seem to make it work. When I on the token choose one of the rings to show either NPCD or NPC hp_formula it gives me a very wrong number. For example, when I have a lovely Giant from Volo's guide it has an HP of 10d12+40. When I then choose the hp_formula it gives me an HP om 1052, which basically is 1012+40. So it seems to not be able to roll this (even though it says in the formula field to put it like that). I also am unable to find any macros to do this for me. I could, of course, do it manually for each monster and just "hard code" a macro, but I would like to make it into a template so that all I really have to do is to change the stats and it's ready to go. I would really appreciate some help on this since I have tried many things but my limited skills within Roll20 seems to be stopping me :(

Edited 1495023717
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Hi Thomas. Try: "npcd_hpformula" and see what happens.
Unfortunately I do not think that you can set up the tokens to calculate health without the help of the API (Pro feature). I don't think that token bars use the same dice roller as the chat does, which is why it's showing up incorrectly for you. However, you could certainly make a macro to calculate the value and then manually update the token using the same attribute (npcd_hpformula) that you were trying to use in the token. /w gm [[@{selected|npcd_hpformula}]]
Ravenknight said: Hi Thomas. Try: "npcd_hpformula" and see what happens. Same things happens, just simply does not work :( Kyle G Thanks, not optimal but works :D