Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Build Your Own Rooms & Interiors map set!

David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
It's time to get off the streets and into the shops and residences of your favorite NPCs. (Just remember to knock first!). I present to you,  Build Your Own Rooms & Interiors , a companion set to  Build Your Own Towns & Villages . Though this do-it-yourself map set can be used on it's own, all the interiors have been sized & aligned to match the 24 building designs in the Build Your Own Towns & Villages set, number for number. There are even alternate layouts of many of the floor plans so you can add a unique second or third story. You also get several stair designs, various doors & windows and pre-made cellars to take your game below the town. And as a bonus, I've customized 3 of these cellars with lighting and objects from my various map sets for quick play. Your PCs may never leave town again! Happy gaming!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Very nice. Good for the people in-between the "do-it-yourself-ers", and "give me the finished map" folk.
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
keithcurtis said: Very nice. Good for the people in-between the "do-it-yourself-ers", and "give me the finished map" folk. My thoughts exactly. Don't know Photoshop very well, I'm here to help! :)
And timely too since I already have "Build your own Towns and Villages" and will use this set to construct the inside of the building. Just in time as I need to construct several town streets. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
David Hemenway said: keithcurtis said: Very nice. Good for the people in-between the "do-it-yourself-ers", and "give me the finished map" folk. My thoughts exactly. Don't know Photoshop very well, I'm here to help! :) In my case, I've been an rpg industry cartographer and illustrator for over 20 years, but personal projects? I'd rather spend $5-$10 and let someone else do the heavy lifting. Beautiful work.
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Erich S. said: And timely too since I already have "Build your own Towns and Villages" and will use this set to construct the inside of the building. Just in time as I need to construct several town streets.  LOL I just knew you needed this set Erich, so I pushed myself to get it done. 😀
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
keithcurtis said: David Hemenway said: keithcurtis said: Very nice. Good for the people in-between the "do-it-yourself-ers", and "give me the finished map" folk. My thoughts exactly. Don't know Photoshop very well, I'm here to help! :) In my case, I've been an rpg industry cartographer and illustrator for over 20 years, but personal projects? I'd rather spend $5-$10 and let someone else do the heavy lifting. Beautiful work. Thank you very much Keith. Though making all those floor plans was delicious monotony, I love that kind of grind. So glad it will be useful for you. Also, is there a link where I can see your work?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
<a href="http://www.kacurtis.com" rel="nofollow">www.kacurtis.com</a> But every time I send that link to someone, I realize how long it's been since I updated. :) And yes, I agree on the "delicious monotony". I've been doing general graphics work since 1981, and digital since 1986. It's gotten to the point where my hands and eyes no what to do so well that the rest of my brain can do other stuff. If it weren't for the fact that freelance makes me money, I'd love to spend that kind of time making resources for my own game.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Now I can finally build my wife a new house...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Vince said: Now I can finally build my wife a new house... :D
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
keithcurtis said: <a href="http://www.kacurtis.com" rel="nofollow">www.kacurtis.com</a> But every time I send that link to someone, I realize how long it's been since I updated. :) And yes, I agree on the "delicious monotony". I've been doing general graphics work since 1981, and digital since 1986. It's gotten to the point where my hands and eyes no what to do so well that the rest of my brain can do other stuff. If it weren't for the fact that freelance makes me money, I'd love to spend that kind of time making resources for my own game. You have an impressive body of work Keith, thanks for sharing the link. And I understand about the strain, I've been doing freelance for about 20 years and my eyes are getting old as well. Time for an eye check up. :) Again, thanks for the link, you have some great stuff there.
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Vince said: Now I can finally build my wife a new house... Awww, this set is the gift that keeps on giving. :)
It's a good looking set and I appreciate that you've created a set to make your own interiors of buildings.&nbsp; However, I do have some feedback about using this set. A lot of the pieces have unusual amounts of empty space within the bounding boxes of the pieces. Which often leaves me confused on how to translate the proper size for each piece. Because of this, blocks do not always properly line up to cover up openings of the pieces. This also led to pieces not lining up with each other and causing very unusual overlapping. Even the PDF provided in the pack was not clear on the instructions.&nbsp; Any help would be appreciated. : )

Edited 1496526293
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Kyle, The unit size for each file is in the file name. These should match the building files from the Build Your Own Town set exactly so that you can just overlay the interior on top of the building. And if you're not using that set, setting the proper unit size for each file will allow all the other pieces in the set (Doors, Windows, Etc.) match up in size. You may have to hold alt when moving certain PNGs into place so they are right where you want them. I hope that helps.&nbsp;
David Hemenway said: Kyle, The unit size for each file is in the file name. These should match the building files from the Build Your Own Town set exactly so that you can just overlay the interior on top of the building. And if you're not using that set, setting the proper unit size for each file will allow all the other pieces in the set (Doors, Windows, Etc.) match up in size. You may have to hold alt when moving certain PNGs into place so they are right where you want them. I hope that helps.&nbsp; I see. I did not know about the alt button feature and now it makes a lot more sense! Thank you!
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
You are welcome Kyle. Sorry for the confusion. 🙂