Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player sees map without Dynamic Lighting

One of my players showed me that when he logs in, he sees the map without Dynamic Lighting. This triggers a host of problems. I asked him to log out/log in and refresh his browser. This is the Forge of Fury add-on. I observed: His map always defaults to the top-left corner even though he and the other PC tokens are currently in the bottom-right corner of the map Sometimes the map loads full detail and sometimes stays blurry (as in attached screenshot) Despite only showing a fragment of the map, he cannot scroll around it (for which, as DM, I am grateful!) When he zooms all the way in or all the way out, the map either disappears completely or goes solid black. This player is using the latest version of Chrome. Any ideas for a fix? My other players have no problems and are using identical hardware, internet and browser version.
Have him toggle the Hardware Acceleration setting in Chrome (if it's Off turn it On; if it's On, turn it Off) and see if that helps. Some people have had issues with Hardware Acceleration and Dynamic Lighting in Chrome.
We'll give it a shot. These are high-end workstations that we use for AAA game dev and play roll20 during our lunch breaks. As this affected player is an artist, he's certainly never experienced a performance issue in Chrome before. But I'll report back here. Thanks!
@Rabulias -- my player turned it off, restarted Chrome and no luck. Turned it back on, restarted Chrome and this time it worked! Thanks again for your help!
Unfortunately, the problem with DM info appearing on this one player's map has begun to reoccur. Turning Hardware Acceleration of/on as we did previously is no longer solving the problem. Anyone else observe this? Again, this is only occurring for this one particular player.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Ryan F. I would ask your player to work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox . Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please have them thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Hi Silvyre, Thanks. We'll give that a shot.