Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Image scale inconsistant between uploading and art library

I can drag an image from a local folder into roll20 and get a properly scaled image, but when I then drag the same image from the art library, it isn't scaled properly anymore. This means I have to either rescale everything I drag onto the map (super time consuming), so I have to drag everything I want from a local folder (also super time consuming). Can we get this fixed so that there is some sort of consistent image resolution conventions? 

Edited 1495161770
Gid
Roll20 Team
This isn't a bug, but just how the art library currently works. When you upload an image to Roll20, we store multiple different versions of that image - the original version image, a medium version that has either a max dimension of 512 in a given direction, and a thumbnail size. So your browser isn't constantly processing full sized images constantly, the tabletop swaps in the needed size depending on how much space the image currently takes up on the browser. When you upload content from your local files, it drops down the original version of the image. If you drag content out of the art library, it defaults to a single grid square (if the grid is turned on). If you're holding down the Alt key while dragging it will place the Medium sized version of the image. You aren't the first user who has made mention of this inconvenience, so giving GMs the ability to drag content as their original file size (probably with a certain keyboard shortcut) is something we will likely try to do in the future when we do another pass of Tabletop updates.