Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Finding the token_id?

I am trying to do a FX effect from a specific token (source) to another specific token (destination) but have no idea how to actually find out how to find what the token_id is for those tokens to list them on my macro. Basically I want my FX to fire 3 times then move the destination token to the gm layer. I know this is probably a super noobie topic but I have tried to find the answer without success. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Caffy
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You can use the special selectors: @{selected|token_id} and @{target|token_id}  You can usually just use those in your macro, of if you want to hard code them for a special event, just whisper them to yourself and put the resulting string in your command.  /w gm @{selected|token_id}
Thanks The Aaron, I finally figured it out around midnight... Hey since you are here... with your token-mod is there a way I can set the (HP) bar1_value & max to use the hp formula from a NPC character sheet? Thanks and hope you are well!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yup!  You'd do it like this: !token-mod --set bar1|[[@{selected|some_hp_formula}]] bar1 will set the bar1_current and bar1_max to the same value.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
One thing I meant to point out is that Token IDs are unique.  So if you have the same character's token on multiple pages (or multiple copies of it on the same page) each one will have a different Token ID.