Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Camera API?

Is there an API that can scroll the map for you to specific locations to make it easier to screenshot the whole map? Ugh I'm terrible at explaining things. Let me use an example. Like I type in !camera 1366 x 768 A And the API automatically divides the map into even 1366 x 768 sectors labeling them alphabetically, hides all the everything on the screen like the names and the chat and the tool bar and autopans the camera to Sector A for like ten seconds then resets. So all I have to do is press the print screen button during those ten seconds then paste it into paint. Then I type in !camera 1366 x 768 B And repeat. Obviously no map will evenly fit those dimensions so I know it it will pan off center of the map if need be. I would guess something like this already exists somewhere. Can someone give me the link?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The API can't do most of that.  You could write an API script that would ping-pull the GM to a given point using sendPing().  It could certainly calculate a series of points to pull you to so that you'd traverse the map uniformly.  It cannot control your zoom level, or affect what UI is displayed.  There are some bookmarklets that can be used to hide the UI. 
Well whatever those bookmarklets things are would be useful. But the main value of the UI would be to allow for clear cut screenshots. So you don't have to play match the pixel when trying to export a map. So can it at least calculate the points according to a given screen size? It doesn't need to zoom.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
it doesn't have access to any details about the UI.  It has no way of knowing where you are looking, much less how large your view of that space is.  It really only has access to game state, not client stuff.
I wasn't thinking it did have that info...or needed it...
I don't want to talk about this anymore.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Instead of describing an interface and mode of operation for a script, perhaps you could describe what your end goal is. What are you trying to accomplish? There might be some other way to do it than what you've come up with.
I thought the goal was obvious. To export maps I make inside roll20 to my computer.