Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with Shaped Character sheet 5th edition

Shaped Scripts Error Incompatible sheet version 11.3.3. This script only supports 10.x sheets. You either need to downgrade your character sheet or find a newer version of the script. I get this error when I log in the game. It started happening on its own. I do not know how to downgrade my character sheet( i dont really want to do that either). I checked my script I pretty sure its up to date. Maybe I am doing something wrong. After I log in the game creates a Character sheet with the character name     SHAPED_VERSION_TESTER.    The character sheet is blank expect for the name and it creates a new one each time I log into the game. Besides some the occasional lag and delay using the sheets it seems to run okay. I would like to get it resolved before it causes more issues. Please help me understand what I need to do because I am lost.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you using the One-Click install for your script? That is discouraged, due to the short development cycle. The latest version can be found  here , along with installation instructions. Manual updating is encouraged on both sheet and script, if you are using the script at all. I would suggest getting both to a point where you are comfortable and things are working well, and then only updating when there is a new feature that you really want. And never update close to game time. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: only updating when there is a new feature that you really want. I would not recommend following this advice. You should update regularly for bug fixes and to generally be on the same version as others that is known to be stable. If you want to use the script then manually installing both is recommended.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: keithcurtis said: only updating when there is a new feature that you really want. I would not recommend following this advice. You should update regularly for bug fixes and to generally be on the same version as others that is known to be stable. If you want to use the script then manually installing both is recommended. That's why I qualified my advice with "comfortable and working well". Everyone should follow the threads for the script and the sheet to be aware of fixes and features, of course. But not everyone can keep up with your prodigious output, Kryx. :) If a user doesn't have a problem, and knows what the issues are, I don't see a problem with letting a few upgrades go past. And definitely, upgrade before you post a problem or concern to the boards. You might have missed a note regarding the issue.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: I don't see a problem with letting a few upgrades go past. And definitely, upgrade before you post a problem or concern to the boards. This I can support. :)
Thank you for the help.
Hi. A little help please. I just tried creating a new game and did the manual install of both the 5e Shaped Sheet and the 5e shaped companion script.  I did it twice. Here's the sandbox errors: "5eShapedCompanion 1495249606030 INFO : -=> ShapedScripts v10.0.1 <=-" "5eShapedCompanion 1495249607208 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 14.0.0" "5eShapedCompanion 1495249607209 INFO : Configuration state: {}" "5eShapedCompanion 1495249607210 WARN : Configuration requires updating" What am I doing wrong?
Hmm. Am I working with test code???????

Edited 1495319398
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Leon, Configuration requiring updating shouldn't be a problem. It's not an error, just letting you know (there should be a chat message about it). The sheet is in a rare state where I've made some changes that the script won't fully work with. 99% of the script will work, but perhaps that isn't enough. Here are your options: Use the latest code ( 14.0.2 ) and live with ammo reduction and Offense and Utility token macros for a week. Use a slightly older version ( 13.0.1 ) which will work with the latest script, but will have some changes when you upgrade. The changes are quite large for PCs, but the upgrade should handle it all. Use the version on roll20's sheet selector (11.3.3). It's very stable, but also very behind so when you do upgrade in the future the changes will be quite large. I'm also unsure which script version works with this.
Kryx said: Hi Leon, Configuration requiring updating shouldn't be a problem. It's not an error, just letting you know (there should be a chat message about it). Just as a note, if a chat message hasn't appeared asking to update your configuration, running !shaped-config will bring up the configuration updater message (as the update has to occur before !shaped-config will run normally)